RGB & Fan Controller Compatible RGB strips

I recently bought an NZXT h510i and it came with an NZXT RGB & Fan Controller and now I want to add more strips that will go under my desk. I want some strips that I can control using NZXT cam because the default effects are very good. The NZXT RGB strips are way too small and I'm going to need about 120cm of lights. The controller only takes 5V strips with a 4 pin connector so does anyone have a recommendation of long strips (I am fine cutting and soldering them if need be).

1 hour ago, Sp3cner said:

I recently bought an NZXT h510i and it came with an NZXT RGB & Fan Controller and now I want to add more strips that will go under my desk. I want some strips that I can control using NZXT cam because the default effects are very good. The NZXT RGB strips are way too small and I'm going to need about 120cm of lights. The controller only takes 5V strips with a 4 pin connector so does anyone have a recommendation of long strips (I am fine cutting and soldering them if need be).

so first your going to have to do a mod to attach anything to the nzxt controller(that's not nzxt). if you don't want cables going out the case then you might be-able to buy another nzxt controller and get an usb adapter so it plugs in to the back of the case instead internal. from there the software is built around the nzxt stuff so adding more leds then normal may make some animations look different or repeat every so many leds.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

so first your going to have to do a mod to attach anything to the nzxt controller(that's not nzxt). if you don't want cables going out the case then you might be-able to buy another nzxt controller and get an usb adapter so it plugs in to the back of the case instead internal. from there the software is built around the nzxt stuff so adding more leds then normal may make some animations look different or repeat every so many leds.

So when you say mod what exactly does that have in store. I’m fine soldering a few wires if that’s what it takes. Or is it just an adapter situation? Also I’m fine with the pattern repeating I’m probably not going that fancy.

15 minutes ago, Sp3cner said:

So when you say mod what exactly does that have in store. I’m fine soldering a few wires if that’s what it takes. Or is it just an adapter situation? Also I’m fine with the pattern repeating I’m probably not going that fancy.

look at my link find the nzxt section.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

Thanks man very helpful 🤜🤛

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

So I just want to make sure I don't buy the wrong thing. Should I get a 3 pin 5v LED strip and do the solder or would a 4 pin 5v work without an adapter. If you have an link to what I should get I would greatly appreciate it, if not then i can just find one with the correct specs it shouldn't be that hard.

10 hours ago, Sp3cner said:

So I just want to make sure I don't buy the wrong thing. Should I get a 3 pin 5v LED strip and do the solder or would a 4 pin 5v work without an adapter. If you have an link to what I should get I would greatly appreciate it, if not then i can just find one with the correct specs it shouldn't be that hard.

based off of this you need 3pin argb 5v strips.

NZXT: it uses  jst 2.0 ph connectors. the out has a different  4pin locking connector witch i don't no what it is?.(i think i found it 4 pin pico clasp cable) socket

so you need to buy jst 2.0 ph conetors fromt the controlelr. you need to wire an rezister in there then depending on what strips you buy and what connector that has  you will have to buy and opposite so if the strip connector is an jst-sm female you would need to buy an jst-sm male connector or just cut off the connector and wire it all up.

hue 2 argb wire.png