Weird motherboard symptoms (did I damage anything?)

Hi, I recently upgraded my motherboard from a crappy a320m which came with my prebuilt pc to an asus tuf gaming b550m plus. I also upgraded the crappy 2400mhz 16gb of ram to 2x8 16gb of corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3000mhz ram. I also upgraded to an nvme SSD since previously I was booting off a SATA 3 SSD. I didn't reinstall windows, I just cloned the sata 3 SSD over to the NVME ssd and now I use the sata 3 ssd as a storage drive.
I noticed I was getting some stuttering in minecraft when my render distance was set higher than 18 but since I have good specs (amd ryzen 7 3700x and rtx 2070) I didn't think it was normal (I later found out it is normal and it's just because minecraft java is poorly optimized)
So I went into the BIOS to check my ram frequency and this is where I had a 0 IQ moment. So basically I thought that the base frequency it showed (2133 mhz) was the frequency it was currently running at, even though the ram was running at its rated frequency of 3000mhz. So I was like "ok, I figured out my issue" and I enabled D.O.C.P. but (of course) that number was still at 2133 mhz (at this point I still didn't realize that the ram was actually running fine). So I went into the Overclocking menu in my BIOS and I manually changed the memory frequency to 3000mhz (for some reason the highest I could change it to was 3000mhz, maybe because DOCP was still enabled?) and I also turned off some setting which apparently reduces the ram speed when it's not in use or something like that to save power. I left everything else on auto, I didn't mess with any of the voltages cuz I'm too scared to do that. But after I did this the PC wouldn't post. I cleared the CMOS and the PC would post, but whenever I made any changes to the BIOS, even just changing the fan settings, it would lock up and it wouldn't POST again and I had to clear the CMOS again. I cleared the CMOS about 5 times until I realized what was going on and then I booted the PC into windows without changing anything in the BIOS and I updated the BIOS to the latest version, and now the issue seems to be fixed. However shortly after, I started to get bad sectors and hard drive errors on one of my secondary drives (it's a 2TB toshiba HDD). I just disconnected the hard drive from both the PSU and the motherboard because I don't need the extra storage at the moment and I didn't want to deal with another issue. I also noticed that my CPU temperatures are alot cooler and they don't spike as often anymore, I think this is probably because of the BIOS update.
If anyone has any explanations for the weird things happening that would be highly appreciated.

20 minutes ago, Zyb3rWolfi said:

What cpu do you currently got?

ryzen 7 3700x, it's in the post too.

its hard to understand that wall of text.

You could just do this.

List of Your PC SPEC:

Motherboard:

CPU:

RAM: 2x8 16gb of corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3000mhz ram

PSU:

Ur problem is the highest u can change on ur BIOS RAM is 3000mhz. It because ur Ram is 3000Mhz..

If I was you just leave everything to Auto :)

5 minutes ago, Kupal said:

its hard to understand that wall of text.

You could just do this.

List of Your PC SPEC:

Motherboard:

CPU:

PSU:

Ur problem is the highest u can change on ur BIOS RAM is 3000mhz. It because ur Ram is 3000Mhz..

If I was you just leave everything to Auto

Motherboard: asus TUF gaming b550m plus

CPU: ryzen 7 3700x

PSU: seasonic S12III 650W

GPU: rtx 2070

I mainly want to know if my hard drive errors have anything to do with the bios update or motherboard replacement.

3 hours ago, VibeChecker said:

Motherboard: asus TUF gaming b550m plus

CPU: ryzen 7 3700x

PSU: seasonic S12III 650W

GPU: rtx 2070

I mainly want to know if my hard drive errors have anything to do with the bios update or motherboard replacement.

Unless you physically damaged the hard drive while swapping motherboards the hard drive issue is unrelated. 

I suggest you back up the data and order a replacement.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

8 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Unless you physically damaged the hard drive while swapping motherboards the hard drive issue is unrelated. 

I suggest you back up the data and order a replacement.

One more thing, I also noticed that after the motherboard replacement the hard drive activity LED on the case stopped working, could this be related to the hard drive issues or is it a coincidence?

10 minutes ago, VibeChecker said:

One more thing, I also noticed that after the motherboard replacement the hard drive activity LED on the case stopped working, could this be related to the hard drive issues or is it a coincidence?

Check your front panel leads, does it match up to what the motherboard says (+ in +, - in -) and is it plugged correctly into HDD LED

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L