Which monitor is best for watching LinusTechTips videos? Dell S2721DGF, S3220DGF or the Odyssey G7? (1440p)

Slyceth

I found a ranking list ranking the monitors which are best for multimedia, watching youtube, netflix and so on, but I do want at least 120Hz for the smooth Windows experience.

Let me know if I've missed any! But so far these are the results from the list with my absolute max budget of 600 euros;

S3220DGF 350EUROS
S2721DGF 450EUROS
G7              600EUROS

So basically my question is, is the better contrast ratio of the S3220DGF worth it instead of the better colors of the S2721DGF (Yes I know all about the difference of VA and IPS, I'm asking from a pure pricing standpoint, 100 Euro difference).

Or is the G7 still the best deal at this price, having no compromise when it comes to color AND contrast, BUT being 150-250 euros more expensive. I know it has a higher refresh rate but for me it's all about the youtube watching experience, and the G7 seems to have the highest of any monitor up to 600 euros.

Honestly whether you like more colours or contrast is up to your personal preference. 

But you really should grab a 240Hz panel. 

At 120Hz when watching LTT YT video shot at 30FPS, you will see every frame displayed 4 times. But at 240Hz you will see each frame displayed 8 times... What I'm trying to say that at 240Hz you can give their videos 8 views per  single watching and really screw the YT algorithm. 

3 hours ago, WereCat said:

Honestly whether you like more colours or contrast is up to your personal preference. 

But you really should grab a 240Hz panel. 

At 120Hz when watching LTT YT video shot at 30FPS, you will see every frame displayed 4 times. But at 240Hz you will see each frame displayed 8 times... What I'm trying to say that at 240Hz you can give their videos 8 views per  single watching and really screw the YT algorithm. 

Does anyone have a serious answer about the s3220DGF vs Odyssey in terms of price difference?

1 hour ago, Slyceth said:

Does anyone have a serious answer about the s3220DGF vs Odyssey in terms of price difference?

out of the 3 you listed I would go with S2721DGF

it has really good display and snappy response times. 

You can use 4:4:4 chroma subsampling at 10-bit 144Hz just fine as well. 

It's probably the best 1440p 144Hz monitor for the price right now. 

I've seen it go for cheaper though... 

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

out of the 3 you listed I would go with S2721DGF

it has really good display and snappy response times. 

You can use 4:4:4 chroma subsampling at 10-bit 144Hz just fine as well. 

It's probably the best 1440p 144Hz monitor for the price right now. 

I've seen it go for cheaper though... 

Okay that sounds useful, how do I set 4:4:4 chroma subsampling at 10-bit 144Hz? I can barely find anything about subsampling online, do I do it in windows or the OSD?

21 minutes ago, Slyceth said:

Okay that sounds useful, how do I set 4:4:4 chroma subsampling at 10-bit 144Hz? I can barely find anything about subsampling online, do I do it in windows or the OSD?

If you have nvidia card then in the nvidia control panel in the resolution section when you scroll down. 

If you have amd card then I don't know but it should be similar 

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

If you have nvidia card then in the nvidia control panel in the resolution section when you scroll down. 

If you have amd card then I don't know but it should be similar 

Okay I changed it from 8 bit to 10 bit, but where is 4:4:4 chroma subsampling?

2 minutes ago, Slyceth said:

Okay I changed it from 8 bit to 10 bit, but where is 4:4:4 chroma subsampling?

at the same place, you need to change from sRGB to 4:4:4

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

at the same place, you need to change from sRGB to 4:4:4

You mean YCbCr444? What does it do exactly?