Aweh no. Graphic card is Artifacting! But not overheating? anyone knows how to pinpoint to the exact issue why? *Also i list all that i did*

Toxickun

Welp. it's that time again where my old gtx 670 Graphic card is failing on me.
it had trouble last year and somehow it fixed itself randomly.
Now it's malfunctioning again though this time it's showing artifacts which is pretty interesting.
though it's just so weird how.. everything was fine. and then one day Bam
(Picture below)
Tabletop simulator got all weird.
And then other games got all weird on me!
Now i know the card needs to be replaced soon which i'm hoping i will do on january.
but i'd like to pinpoint What and why is it failing in the first place so suddenly..
Heres are the things i've tried.

Checking it's temperature "Which only touched 80 so no issues their"
De-dusting the card upon removal/reseating.
reseating it at a different pci slot.
Reducing it's clock/memory clock settings on msi afterburner and increasing voltage/volt limit.
Deleting nvidia drivers and uninstalling the video driver on device manager (which keeps reinstalling itself upon after a pc reset)

Pretty much tried out and looked at any other option other places offer, getting to the point maybe i should take the card apart and remove/reapply thermal paste or something...
From that point i'm like "Okay.. let's ask the forums if they can help"

Again i'm going to replace this soon but i wonder if anyone can find the main issue directly. maybe a silicon deformity? or perhaps even bad drivers that i haven't removed entirely.
Or could it be other things? like my memory stick or inadequate power? Or maybe the motherboard itself? what do! lol
I'd love to keep it running just a little bit more! XD

IMG_20201112_133312.jpg

Most often in my direct experience, artifacting like this is related to memory. It's not necessarily limited to instability, as failing or failed memory chip(s) can produce the same issue.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Oh really! Like the card memory? or the system Memory?

1 minute ago, Toxickun said:

Oh really! Like the card memory? or the system Memory?

VRAM, the GPU's memory itself.

At it's core, it's the same issue behind the early 20xx series cards and their (somewhat common) failures.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

oooooouh Well alright! Hey thanks for your input and video example! This helps quite a lot! i wonder if theirs anything i can do from their.

There usually isn't much you can do if the GPU memory is failing, though you could try disassembling the card and replacing the thermal paste.

Yes this is VRAM memory unstable. It's the same result you get if you overclock VRAM to high or dosen't add enough voltage

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Alright Well if it's vram is the main issue. i'd like to wonder how did it became an issue in the first place. What happens to components after a long period of time n what not.

Why did the vram began to fail? o-o

Please, correct if I'm wrong, but if I recall correctly, there was a video about how to fix the graphics card (or was it motherboard) from an iMac. The guy would put the card/board in the oven and heat it for 5? 10? minutes at some degrees (definitely not above 150 C).

Anyway, as a last resort, maybe you could try that, but do a research before hand.

Edit: Quick Google search found me this: https://www.instructables.com/How-to-repair-your-Graphics-Card-by-baking-it/#:~:text=Remove the video card from,let cool for 30 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Ωmegα said:

Please, correct if I'm wrong, but if I recall correctly, there was a video about how to fix the graphics card (or was it motherboard) from an iMac. The guy would put the card/board in the oven and heat it for 5? 10? minutes at some degrees (definitely not above 150 C).

this is not a good idea and is only a temporary fix, it just remelts sauter and repairs the sutered connections (temporarily)

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

so you think the reason the vram is failing is because it's soldering might be loose/damage over long periods of time/use?