RCA 4K television able to display 4K at 60hz but won't go past 30hz on 1080p

JonTheOtaku
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

It could be that the TV simply cannot accept 1080p 60Hz input. What about leaving the NVIDIA settings at 4K 60Hz and just decreasing the resolution ingame?

Hi there! So for my setup, I use a 60hz 4K TV as my main display. Now unfortunately, my old graphics card is not nearly enough to run certain games (fallout 4 brought this on) and I need to run at 1080p or 1440p. One problem though, the nvidia control panel only lets me go up to 30hz when I use anything other then 4K resolution, but is perfectly fine running 60hz on 4K resolution. I tried using the custom resolution option, with both gpu and display scaling, but nothing seems to work. Can anybody help me out here? Thanks!

It could be that the TV simply cannot accept 1080p 60Hz input. What about leaving the NVIDIA settings at 4K 60Hz and just decreasing the resolution ingame?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'll have to try this later, but I think the problem is some games just straight up output 1080p just like the desktop would... thanks for the reply!