I have Gigabit, but still 100Mbps?

Isaac Foster

Hello, i need help, i have a ASUS TUF FX504GD, it has a Gigabit Port, but when i check, its running at 100Mbps, I set the lan to 1Gbps Full Duplex, still doesnt work, is it the router? its Cisco DPC2320. Pls help, if you guys can help i will pray so you guys have a longer age to life lol. Anyways, thanks!

4 minutes ago, ItzMadMan said:

its Cisco DPC2320

Yes, the router only has 100Mbps ports.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Maybe your router can only throw 100Mbps bandwidth. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Ohh ok, any idea to turn on QoS on that Router i have? i think that router is from 2009 lel

and maybe some idea to Update the Firmware??

38 minutes ago, ItzMadMan said:

Ohh ok, any idea to turn on QoS on that Router i have? i think that router is from 2009 lel

That's a docsis 2.0 modem/router combo unit, your ISP needs to update the firmware, it's locked down to prevent user updates.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

43 minutes ago, ItzMadMan said:

Hi, have you check what ethernet cable are you using maybe it is cat 5. Cat 5 has the max. speed of 100mbps. I had this problem recently when I bought like a 15 m cat 5e cable online and I turned out to be cat 5 so maybe swap out the cable and try again.

2 minutes ago, Sukrit Kumar said:

Hi, have you check what ethernet cable are you using maybe it is cat 5. Cat 5 has the max. speed of 100mbps. I had this problem recently when I bought like a 15 m cat 5e cable online and I turned out to be cat 5 so maybe swap out the cable and try again.

if this resolves the problem please tell me about that

4 minutes ago, Sukrit Kumar said:

I bought the cable for my server and when I plugged that in it showed that it is running at 100mbps

23 minutes ago, Sukrit Kumar said:

The modem/router only has a 10/100 port, a different cable will not change anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

18 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The modem/router only has a 10/100 port, a different cable will not change anything.

yes I just searched that online about the router and yes it is 100mbps router and actually I wrote that because people reading to my thread might be facing an issue with like any other router might find my it helpful

cheers