Razer Announces "NEW" Razer Blade!

Firstnecron

Razer has announced an update to its Razer Blade.  I feel like Linus will be quite happy with this, as I remember one of his complaints were the use of the TN panel and I believe also the resolution used at that time.  The new Blade is going to double the resolution (going from 1600 x 900 to 3200 x 1800), and includes an IPS panel, rather than the TN one.  The rest of the hardware is really to be expected.  To me, at least, the screen was the big update and seemed necessary. :)

Razer Blade release page: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

Press Release: http://www.razerzone.com/press/detail/press-releases/razer-introduces-the-blade-prodesigned-for-work-and-for-play

Article & Comparison to Last Gen Blade from AnandTech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7858/razer-announces-the-new-razer-blade-14-qhd-with-gtx-870m

They couldn't wait till maxwell -.-

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I think that one might be maxwell as some of the laptop chips ate already.

They couldn't wait till maxwell -.-

It comes with an 870...

i'm a potato

It comes with an 870...

That is not maxwell either.

And I was reading press release, which was old press release.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It comes with an 870...

870M uses the Fermi architecture. I posted an article on the news section about the new annoucement and the only cards that use the new maxwell architecture are the 820M, 830M, 840M, 850M and one variant of the 860M.

The 870M and 880M are Fermi rebrands. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Wow if it wasn't for the 2kg weigth this would be an ultrabook. (500g to heavy.) 

That is not maxwell either.

And I was reading press release, which was old press release.

870M uses the Fermi architecture. I posted an article on the news section about the new annoucement and the only cards that use the new maxwell architecture are the 820M, 830M, 840M, 850M and one variant of the 860M.

Oh, ok then.

i'm a potato

HOLY POOP... It has a 4k display.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Oh come on this exact same news article has been near to the top of the forum this 9AM this morning. Was it that hard to miss it? Please guys, respect the rules of this forum and SEARCH for news before posting it, or at least look at the news items on the front page...

im reading that 870m 880m uses Kepler

770m 780m rebrands

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

hmm $3200 in Australia i think i will pass and maybe wait for what msi has instore with their ultra slim