I made this resolution comparison picture and its to scale. What do you think? Am I missing any other common resolutions?

14 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Exactly. You're targeting a small segment. 

I was picturing you did this purely for the heck of it. Is this going to be a serious tool like freeware or something?

your missing the point, its for comparing a single monitor to another monitor, and if you have multiple monitors its easy to figure it out yourself. 

13 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Maybe "saturated" was the wrong word. But full intensity ([255, 0, 0] etc.) colors are usually bad. I'd pick some nice colors from the material table and make sure to use HSV for the transition instead of straight up interpolation.

oh ok. so you think it should be less saturated. what's "HSV" and "straight up interpolation"?
i am far from an expert on colors or pictures.

3 minutes ago, Kodi4444 said:

your missing the point, its for comparing a single monitor to another monitor, and if you have multiple monitors its easy to figure it out yourself. 

So like comparing Both 32" monitors, 16:9 ratio but one is 1080 and the other is 1440?

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

So like comparing Both 32" monitors, 16:9 ratio but one is 1080 and the other is 1440?

yes exactly

8 minutes ago, Kodi4444 said:

yes exactly

So it seems the difference in resolution changes view distance for example. I find gaming in 1080P over 4K sometimes more enjoyable depending on the game. 

Thank you for the chart. It's pretty cool. 

1 minute ago, Kodi4444 said:

oh ok. so you think it should be less saturated. what's "HSV" and "straight up interpolation"?

Straight up interpolation means you interpolate the RGB values directly (e.g. from 0..255). HSV (hue, saturation, value) is a different color space, which typically results in much better transitions between colors when interpolating. You can look at these for example:

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV

- https://codepen.io/szopos/pen/gKPqwq

Most image editors (like Photoshop or Gimp) use HSV/HSL for that reason. It allows you to change the color value (hue) without also affecting saturation and/or brightness like a transition in the RGB color space would do.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

So it seems the difference in resolution changes view distance for example. I find gaming in 1080P over 4K sometimes more enjoyable depending on the game. 

Thank you for the chart. It's pretty cool. 

yep that's part of the reason I made it.

I'll say something very controversial that resolution doesn't really matter as much, ppi is what does, so you should add that  = ) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

14 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I'll say something very controversial that resolution doesn't really matter as much, ppi is what does, so you should add that  = ) 

well yes PPI is important. but i would almost say the opposite. because the PPI would just determine view distance.
but you could look at it like if the PPI was the same how much bigger would a 3440x1440 monitor with x PPI be than a 1920x1080 with the same PPI.

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv