My 75" Sony X800H tv has one dead pixel. Should I return it?

AlwaysWong

My 75" Sony X800H tv has one dead pixel. Should I return it? I bought it from Bestbuy on Oct 28 2020 so I am still in Best Buy holiday extended return/exchange frame. Dead pixel only noticeable when look close, but when 4 to 5 feet+ cannot tell.

If it really bothers you to the point where you'd be willing to package the TV back up and return it, then go for it. Otherwise it's only a single dead pixel that you probably won't notice unless you're looking for it.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

You can return it with one pixel dead?  I have heard with many purchases like this you can't.  First of all check what you can do before returning it.  Second of all there are various things you can try to bring back a pixel so try those thing first but if the pixel shows no signs of life as in being of one different color or flickering colors well your odds of bringing it back are worse.  Personally if you can see the dead pixel I think you will see it when you look at your tv all the time.  I had a tv with a problem like this and lucky for me I was able to get rid of it for a good price and recoup the majority of my losses but if you are able to return it I'd say return it.

43 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

If it really bothers you to the point where you'd be willing to package the TV back up and return it, then go for it. Otherwise it's only a single dead pixel that you probably won't notice unless you're looking for it.

I have Bestbuy setup installation service purchased so Geeksquad will come and pack my defective unit into the box, then setup and install the replacement unit. It doesn't bother me when i am viewing 3 feet more but i am worry that in the future there will be more dead pixel from bad panel I have right now.

18 minutes ago, idontlikephysx said:

You can return it with one pixel dead?  I have heard with many purchases like this you can't.  First of all check what you can do before returning it.  Second of all there are various things you can try to bring back a pixel so try those thing first but if the pixel shows no signs of life as in being of one different color or flickering colors well your odds of bringing it back are worse.  Personally if you can see the dead pixel I think you will see it when you look at your tv all the time.  I had a tv with a problem like this and lucky for me I was able to get rid of it for a good price and recoup the majority of my losses but if you are able to return it I'd say return it.

Dead pixel. black. no color. I don't understand how the fuck this happen?! I checked it last week and the day I setup this tv and there is no dead pixel or stuck pixel. I only have the tv for 7 days!

TV is good but a dead pixel makes me😢 now i know i have a bad tv panel.

18 minutes ago, idontlikephysx said:

You can return it with one pixel dead?  I have heard with many purchases like this you can't.

Yeah. I called Bestbuy and tell them I have a dead pixel and want a replacement, then they go ahead process the replacement request. Bestbuy will come to my house to pick up the defective unit and deliver the replacement unit and set it up.

Honestly I feel like dead pixels are overrated.

A month or 2 ago I got a sweet deal on a LG 34gk950-F Ultrawide monitor (Amazon Warehouse deal)

Sadly it came with 2 stuck pixels and 1 dead one, unless I actively look for them I hardly notice.

Honestly if I never did the "dead pixel" test I wouldn't know.

Ignorance is bliss, in my case I'd have to pay 400€ more for a newer model that "might" not have any.

If it bothers you return it, otherwise I think it's fine, depends from person to person.

3 hours ago, AlwaysWong said:
3 hours ago, idontlikephysx said:

You can return it with one pixel dead?  I have heard with many purchases like this you can't.

Yeah. I called Bestbuy and tell them I have a dead pixel and want a replacement, then they go ahead process the replacement request. Bestbuy will come to my house to pick up the defective unit and deliver the replacement unit and set it up.

I also have a Best Buy 'warranty' and there's a clause in mine that says there must be five or more dead pixels within a 3cm area or something like that, they wouldn't let me return my monitor for a single dead pixel (which mine does). So I guess good on you that yours is willing to do so but honestly, I wouldn't bother with a return, it's a single pixel on a seventy five inch TV. Hardly seems worth the hassle. Dead pixels are part of the gamble, doesn't necessarily mean you have a subpar panel.

My 24” monitor has a gash in it for when   I accidentally caught it with the corner of my keyboard while cleaning.

I just say I can’t see it now, brain got used to the issue even though it’s in the middle left of the screen.

How bad is it from where you normally sit in front of a 75” TV? Are the pixels that big or are you only seeing it when you close on certain screens? How does it look when actually watching TV?

Can someone see if when watching TV if they don’t know something is wrong? That is likely how your brain will be in a month or so.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

4 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

My 24” monitor has a gash in it for when   I accidentally caught it with the corner of my keyboard while cleaning.

I just say I can’t see it now, brain got used to the issue even though it’s in the middle left of the screen.

How bad is it from where you normally sit in front of a 75” TV? Are the pixels that big or are you only seeing it when you close on certain screens? How does it look when actually watching TV?

Can someone see if when watching TV if they don’t know something is wrong? That is likely how your brain will be in a month or so.

Dead pixel on my tv is like a small pencil dot on the right upper side almost to the edge. 3 feet viewing distance cannot tell the dead pixel is there. 

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv