High ping on one Wifi but not another Wifi?

Master433

So my brother has noted this issue where he has a high ping (jumps from 40ms to around 150ms sometimes) when playing Wild Rift when connected to our home 5G Wifi but when he goes to our friend's house and connects to their 5G Wifi, he gets low ping constantly. Both Wifis have the same ISP and data plan, and after checking Speedtest, our Wifi has very good download and upload speeds. I have conducted the tests with only my brother's phone being the only device connected.

I'm wondering if a) It's a problem with our router or the ISP itself, or b) Someone has somehow hacked into our network and causing some high ping? This is very confusing for me

does you brother have cable and his neighbor fiber?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Master433 said:

home 5G Wifi

How is the connection delivered to your house, like e.g. do you have some sort of a modem somewhere or what?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I had a problem with my router it was a new router and i was consistently getting high jumps of intervals of like every 7 seconds maybe get the router checked out

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

does you brother have cable and his neighbor fiber?

We both use Fiber connections with the same data plan and same ISP

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

How is the connection delivered to your house, like e.g. do you have some sort of a modem somewhere or what?

Connection is delivered through fiber cables and into a router

3 minutes ago, Going_AFK said:

I had a problem with my router it was a new router and i was consistently getting high jumps of intervals of like every 7 seconds maybe get the router checked out

I'll try contacting our ISP, hopefully it's just the router having issues

The elephant in the room is that its WiFi, are there more nearby network clashing at home than your friends?

Are there more people on your WiFi network, or more people downloading?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

18 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

The elephant in the room is that its WiFi, are there more nearby network clashing at home than your friends?

Are there more people on your WiFi network, or more people downloading?

I have mentioned that it's only my brother's phone connected to the WiFi when testing on both WiFis, but I forgot to mention that this router is the only thing that's sending out a network in our house. The only neighbour we have is my brother's friend who also has only 1 WiFi router