Can't decide between these 2 keyboards. Opinions appreciated! xD

Hey everybody. My son's keyboard just broke down. It was a Rosewill k51 Neon. Very pretty but its space key mechanism broke pretty fast, the plastic underneath broke so not quite sure if it can be fixed. Anyway, I'm looking to buy him another one, not a very expensive one as he's still a child but hopefully something that won't break within a few months. I'm outside the US so options are kind of limited. I'm looking to spend $25-40 ideally. These are two keyboards I saw near me and liked. One is mechanical but very entry level, another one is apparently a membrane 'hybrid' just like the Rosewill one we had but hopefully better quality. 

1- The Redragon k509 is an RGB "mechanical feel" membrane keyboard that's $30 and seems well liked going by comments and reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-K509-RGB-Keyboard-Mechanical-Illumination/dp/B07YNW3L2P

My son was especially happy that it can play 7 color patterns on top of rainbow mode (shown here) but it's still membrane. 

71S%2BXqWk4%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71ChxSaGsBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2- Then there's the Philips SPK8614 which is $40 and true mechanical, but very entry level judging from the complaints on some reviews I've read. For example, keys stay a single color. But overall most reviewers seem very happy with it. 

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SPK8614-Mechanical-Keyboard-Computers/dp/B07TTTDH75

71lys8zmnCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Which would you get for a 9 year old? Thanks for any opinions :) 

Between the two you listed, I would go with the Redragon keyboard. They make great budget options, and the ugly backlighting colors that can't be changed on the Philips option is a turn-off for me, even if it is mechanical.

If you can stretch your budget $5 or so, the Redragon K582 Surara is a great entry-level mechanical keyboard. I have it myself and it's great for the price. The RGB model is $47, but there's also a red LED backlit option for $40 and a refurbished option for the RGB model for $39. Links to all three of those options below. Definitely a great budget option if you want to go with mechanical (fair warning it is a bit loud though if noise is an issue).

RGB Backlit: https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Mechanical-Keyboard-Keys-Linear-Quiet-Red/dp/B07KCRTN9Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=redragon+k582&qid=1604274599&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRjhZWkQ1Mkc5TVczJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDgwNDYwMUg0TE8xRFpOWlM0SyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTEwMjkyUENaVjJIMjBLMDZIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

RGB Backlit Refurbished: https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Mechanical-Keyboard-Keys-Linear-Quiet-Red/dp/B085HX1PP5/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=redragon+k582&qid=1604274221&sr=8-6

Red Backlit: https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Mechanical-Keyboard-Ergonomic-Actuation/dp/B07TFBXSSG/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=redragon+k582&qid=1604274221&sr=8-5

Edit: The RGB K582 model has a 10% off coupon right now, so you could actually get it for around $42 if you act fast

Edit 2: Apologies I just realized you're outside the US so the K582 may or may not work for you. I saw the Amazon US links and just assumed you must be in the US.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Thanks so much WaggishOhio383, will look into the Redragon RGB K582, maybe I will find it at the local online marketplace. I had not looked for it before :) 

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the Philips' color scheme either, but was still on the fence due to it being mechanical. I don't think I've ever used a fully mechanical keyboard though so I'm not even sure it will be our cup of tea. The Redragon is definitely more attractive visually, my son seems to prefer it so I might just get it and still have some budget left for a new mouse haha. I feel better knowing it's decent quality, I was worried about that as it's the first time I come across the Redragon brand :) 

The Redragon I have is build like a tank (k552) but it's quite loud with it's outemu blue switches.  I got it for 40$ at CC.  If they put the same toughness in all their board then it will be great to be abused.  

My gf got the rosewill k81 for about 60$ cad, it looks really like the redragon you shown but the lighting is full customizable and it's a full mechanical keyboard.  It's quite a sturdy and heavy board and the kailh brown feels quite good on them. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dr0y! Yeah I like how the Redragon is built. Ended up getting the k509, didn't want to get a mechanical one because it's for kids and I'm not sure how long it would last LoL Will probably be getting a mechanical one once my son is older. I also ended up getting a mouse that's not by RedDragon but seems pretty nice for a kid.

600_750-ST-615-ARRIBA.jpg