A prevew if i should build this pc (future proof)

GamingGeek5

I want to build a pc for myself i have always been on my ps4 pro and i think it is a good time to change 

Here are the specs do you think these are good enough 

1-Asus rog strix rtx 3080 oc

2-Amd ryzen 9 5900x (yet to launch will buy it after reviews)

3-Asus rog crosshair viii hero (wifi version)

4-Corsair dominator platinum 3200mhz c16 ddr4

5-Corsair mp600 1tb ssd gen 4 pcie nvme m.2

6-seagate barracuda compute 2tb hdd 

7-Corsair h155i rgb platinum 

8-corsair rm750x 750watt power supply

9-Corsair obsidian 500d se

This is a good build and "future proof" for at least 3 years at decent settings but beyond that who knows how its going to handle games 

51 minutes ago, GamingGeek5 said:

Corsair dominator platinum 3200mhz c16 ddr4

kinda overpriced and slow ram for ryzen. look for 3600-3800mhz cl 16 ram or 3400-3600mhz cl 14 ram

52 minutes ago, GamingGeek5 said:

Asus rog crosshair viii hero (wifi version)

Very overkill for even 5900x. Consider b550 Tomahawk, x570 tomahawk or x570 prime-P, prime pro, tuf plus.

53 minutes ago, GamingGeek5 said:

-Corsair h155i rgb platinum 

Air coolers are better and more reliable. but if you liek to looks go for Artic freezer II 360mm.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Tomahawk ist a good idea, and for gods sake, just get rid of the corsair stuff and get faster ram :)

2 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

kinda overpriced and slow ram for ryzen. look for 3600-3800mhz cl 16 ram or 3400-3600mhz cl 14 ram

Very overkill for even 5900x. Consider b550 Tomahawk, x570 tomahawk or x570 prime-P, prime pro, tuf plus.

Air coolers are better and more reliable. but if you liek to looks go for Artic freezer II 360mm.

but i searched it in some sites on the web and it is said it recommends the asus crosshair motherboard while i cannot go for 360mm as the case i have chosen is ...only 240,280 on top while the thing you said for ram is good thanks i will sure change it 

6 minutes ago, GamingGeek5 said:

but i searched it in some sites on the web and it is said it recommends the asus crosshair motherboard while i cannot go for 360mm as the case i have chosen is ...only 240,280 on top while the thing you said for ram is good thanks i will sure change it 

Yeah the crosshair is good, but very expensive. You only need it if you plan to heavily overclock with liquid nitrogen

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Yeah the crosshair is good, but very expensive. You only need it if you plan to heavily overclock with liquid nitrogen

I do not need to heavily overclock but lol i guess it will be good enough of you know like an enthusiast like showcase pc lol and i think it is 100% future proof lol

5 hours ago, GamingGeek5 said:

I want to build a pc for myself i have always been on my ps4 pro and i think it is a good time to change 

What´s your budget?

6 hours ago, GamingGeek5 said:

That unit apparently has caused thermal issues with 3900x I would avoid, if you want water do custom if you can't afford custom just air.

45 minutes ago, JouanDeag said:

What´s your budget?

My budget is under 3400$ but hey it should be very fancy with all rgb stuff and all that jazz along with performance but yes RGB priority

27 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

That unit apparently has caused thermal issues with 3900x I would avoid, if you want water do custom if you can't afford custom just air.

Thanks for letting me know yep i will do custom

1 hour ago, GamingGeek5 said:

Thanks for letting me know yep i will do custom

Just a heads up if you are planning on cooling the GPU make sure to get the right unit. the ROG unit might require a special block as linked below. However this may depend on who you go with for cooling.

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Blocks/GPU-Blocks/Hydro-X-Series-XG7-RGB-30-SERIES-GPU-Water-Block/p/CX-9020013-WW

Also expect it to possibly go over budget 10%, and plan at least 2 240's to keep the system cool if cooling the gpu as well, the case can hold it, tho I fear the front glass might hinder the cooling potential unless you pull from the top and push threw the front and back.

My budget is under 3400$ but hey it should be very fancy with all rgb stuff and all that jazz along with performance but yes RGB priority

What are the use-case of this machine? Gaming productivity or both? If both, what will you do mostly

This would be my take on a $3400 build. I usually prefer air, and don't know much about custom water, so you might go over budget with custom water cooling.

Edit: Also, good luck finding an Ampere card at MSRP.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

7 hours ago, GamingGeek5 said:

just a lil tip, wait for the new ryzen gpus to launch. they are alittle cheaper and better than the nvideas

13 hours ago, JouanDeag said:

What are the use-case of this machine? Gaming productivity or both? If both, what will you do mostly

For competitive gaming along with streaming lol