Custom server advice needed

So I need some opinions on my custom servers so what i am doing is making a insane server with 4 3090 in it and duel epyc 7702 cpus is this overkill for a home server?

may i also add i have no budget for this build.

What are you using the servers for? What applications?

What os? What hypervisor are you using? 

Is power a issue? What power circuits do you have? That system you listed probably won't run on a normal house outlet safely.

What formfactor? Rack mount? Tower? 

so its planned for my home server room power is no a problem as i have 3 circuits in the room yes its a rack mount. 

and the plan is to run 2 window vm a kali linux vm and my custom os. 

and i am using a custom hypervisor.

Just now, CryoNetworking said:

so its planned for my home server room power is no a problem as i have 3 circuits in the room yes its a rack mount. 

and the plan is to run 2 window vm a kali linux vm and my custom os. 

and i am using a custom hypervisor.

What are those vms running? How much ram/ disk space/iops do they need?

Why are you running a custom hypervisor? Is this based off a existing os?

Do you plan on doing gpu passthrough?

7 minutes ago, CryoNetworking said:

So I need some opinions on my custom servers so what i am doing is making a insane server with 4 3090 in it and duel epyc 7702 cpus is this overkill for a home server?

I don't believe you for a second. You've made a bunch of similar posts and it doesn't look like you ever actually built any of the systems you claimed you were building. Fantasy-builds are against the forum-rules as well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 Epyc 7702

4 Nvidia Founders 3090

16 kingston 128gb 2666 mhz

a OSS add on card 

and ever 1 petabyte of storage

I own a cybersec and investigation shop and we used to do custom servers so i have a bunch left over and its based off of openVm

and yes i am using gpu passthrough.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

I don't believe you for a second. You've made a bunch of similar posts and it doesn't look like you ever actually built any of the systems you claimed you were building. Fantasy-builds are against the forum-rules as well.

i have been working on it i have built parts of i can post some of the cad files if you want

1 minute ago, CryoNetworking said:

its based off of openVm

OpenVM isn't a hypervisor, so how can your "custom hypervisor" be based on it?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, CryoNetworking said:

2 Epyc 7702

4 Nvidia Founders 3090

16 kingston 128gb 2666 mhz

a OSS add on card 

and ever 1 petabyte of storage

I own a cybersec and investigation shop and we used to do custom servers so i have a bunch left over and its based off of openVm

and yes i am using gpu passthrough.

If you really got that much money, just hiresome that knows how to build this, or buy aws/ cloud instances.

If money is unlimited, why get a 3090, get the server gpus, faster memory, more unlocked features(esp for vms), better node.

Id run a cluster, no reason to build one super high end server.

Just now, CryoNetworking said:

i have been working on it i have built parts of i can post some of the cad files if you want

Can you post pictures of the parts you build?

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Can you post pictures of the parts you build?

With a paper with today's date and either mine or @Electronics Wizardy 's nickname on it.

23 minutes ago, CryoNetworking said:

I own a cybersec and investigation shop and we used to do custom servers

Your name suggests you do networking, here you claim you do cyber security, your profile lists occupation as IT contractor. Based on your answers to simple questions in the past, I would say you don't have the knowledge to do any of those jobs. Also why would a cyber security company that does investigations need to build customer servers for customers? If you are going to make up a bunch of BS and pretend you are rich and are going to build a server that doesn't make logical sense to build, at least have a clue about what you are talking about and be consistent.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Bad advice

I don't think you should be giving OP any advice on how to be better at pretending. That said, yes, OP is saying a lot of stuff OP would already know, if they actually had the credentials they claim to have.

*** Thread locked ***

Trolling is not allowed. Neither is "no budget" builds as those are seen as pointless. Either you post actual thread looking for actual advice, or go to professional builders with your money.

Also your claim to be in cybersec and not have knowledge on how servers work is contradicting. If I were charge of company thats core business is to handle networking, I would want to know what my employees are doing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv