Oculus Rift Dev Kit 2 soon?

Squeeks

Hopefully crystal cove. If it is, then I will absolutely buy it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Personally I'm getting rather pissed at the Oculus Rift crew... Reasons:

1. I WANT IT NOW!!!

2. They go out to another PR show

3. I WANT IT NOW!!!

4. They can't answer the question of will it be released this year? (They couldn't even answer that in 2013!)

5. I WANT IT NOW!!!

6. They say they are doing a lot of work on it but yet again they are found playing games and not giving any relevant information about the device at yet another PR gig

7. I WANT IT NOW!!!

8. They are yet again out and about playing more games doing PR

9. I WANT IT NOW!!!

10. A year passes by... And yes they are out playing games at another PR gig, telling us the exact same information as the year before...

I've had enough... I'm going to try and erase it from my brain and not think it exists, until I see one on a shelf somewhere...

Damn you Oculus, Damn you all to helllll!

PS. Anyone got a time machine? or offer short term crygenics packages?

;)

i wont invest in vr until its more mature and i know all the options i have so i can choose the best one.

I've had enough... I'm going to try and erase it from my brain and not think it exists, until I see one on a shelf somewhere...

I'm pretty much the same here.

It will come when it comes.

I must say I was definitely over-hyped for oculus last year but now it dialed down, mainly because of no official release date, but also because they give information to the community on a dropper. What's wrong with them? It's not like they have any competition to keep their secrets from. They were paid from the community and should not withold information like that. If they're thinking of using a different display panel, or some other developement thingy, why not share it with the community, it could only help at this point, nobody can steal their technology at this point. Although I wish someone would as it seems like we could all profit some of the healthy competition, right now Oculus seams a bit too much like consumer GPU department from nvidia last year - not giving it their best (to say the least). Or at least it seems so. And in the end that's the thing which annoys me most.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

It's taken them 1 year to:

1. Replace screen to OLED

2. Glue IR sensors on the exterior and point a web cam at themselves

3. Understand each headset needs calibration profiles for each user (sickness effect removal)

4. Employ John Tarmac (so? and? well? ok... Move along, move along, nothing to see here... geeez)

The parts that are blindingly obvious and which is also why I cannot watch an entire PR show with them talking without at least skipping around the video using the seek bar are:

1. Games makers will have to think about scaling more realistically (No Sh*t - it's VR!)

2. UI will have to be re-thought of, errm not really, in real life we collate information around as little movement and make it as accessible as possible. 2D UI overlay is essential in the real world and will be just as essential in the VR world.

.... and so much more I can't even bring myself to talk about, it's like they are spelling the obvious out to themselves all the time or do they think their public are that stupid?

It's taken them 1 year to:

What bothers me here is that this technology of IR diodes and webcams was around for at least 10 years, and the community knew about it, and utilised for at least 5 years.

I remember seeing this video when it was released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMBfXLsXPxQ

Also we all know the technology for the rift is available, no arguments there.

I guess they are waiting for developers to produce enough content for their device, since it's pretty much a unique device in a newly segment. That still doens't justify their non-transparency (I'm trying to avoid using the term lazyness here as I cannot be sure how buch of work they're doing behind the scenes).

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I heard steams VR headset was as good/better than Rift?

The glyph on kickstarter also interested me but was far too expensive.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I heard steams VR headset was as good/better than Rift?

The glyph on kickstarter also interested me but was far too expensive.

Valve should give them a run for their money, but I've heard that valve are holding back till the rift is released so that they can... well probably make it better.

Valve should give them a run for their money, but I've heard that valve are holding back till the rift is released so that they can... well probably make it better.

I don't remember where I read it, but after CES Steam Dev Days Valve accually showed Oculus their work in VR and offered help with it.

P.S. Here are some links on te subject:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2088747/valve-and-oculus-team-up-for-virtual-reality-supergroup.html

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-veteran-joins-oculus-rift-company-brings-expertise-in-eliminating-simulator-sickness/1100-6418241/

PS. Anyone got a time machine? or offer short term crygenics packages?

;)

You could always pull an Eric Cartman and freeze yourself alive in the mountains until it arrives. ;)

I think it'd be nice to get some more information, but I don't mind waiting a bit longer for it. If devs get some more time with it, it'll get hopefully get more games that support it, so it has a higher chance of succeeding.

I don't remember where I read it, but after CES Steam Dev Days Valve accually showed Oculus their work in VR and offered help with it.

P.S. Here are some links on te subject:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2088747/valve-and-oculus-team-up-for-virtual-reality-supergroup.html

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-veteran-joins-oculus-rift-company-brings-expertise-in-eliminating-simulator-sickness/1100-6418241/

O.o when do u see companies who each are working on a product to achieve the same thing work together?

*coughAMDNVIDIAcough*

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

O.o when do u see companies who each are working on a product to achieve the same thing work together?

*coughAMDNVIDIAcough*

I just gave you the same info I had above.

This bad boy is already dev kit ready...

Project Cars
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-CARS-Community-Assisted-Race-Sim/278995465464722

When the rift is released I will be building a new rig, the oculus rift and brushing off the dust from my Thrustmaster T500 RS....

And yes, all the below is in game graphics (I cannot wait!)

977896_598964833467782_1700369588_o.jpg

Check out (not sure how to embed videos on posts):

http://player.vimeo.com/video/86565692

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LreST9YSQYM

My personal fav (1:40 in watch how he looses control and how he's working his steering wheel - zomg! want! now!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY-gaOTbLAQ

Love this from a while back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52NobMOQers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFGVLNhOxoM

Yeah, Valve has no intentions of releasing there current VR model, they are working with Oculus.

Palmer has stated that the Consumer Model will be as good, or better than the Valve version however.

I'm not too fussed about the waiting. Yes its been a long time, but its better they get it right rather than rushing through stuff, and each update usually gives us a very big jump.

DK1 > HD Prototype and then even bigger to Crystal Cove.

I'm still not sure If its worth going for DK2, or waiting for the CV1.

If its the same technical specs, then I'll most probably go DK2, as its earlier.

If not, then I'll probably wait. Can't afford to buy both.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4