Coolling setup for BeQuiet PureBase 500 and i7 10700k

Idhor

I just got a BeQuiet PureBase 500 (stock fans) with an i7 10700k currently cooled with a Corsair H60 1th gen of 4 years.

Other parts:
- MSI Z490 TOMAHAWK

- RTX2080 FE

I care a lot about noise and currently it seems that most noise comes from the pump.

I will give a try to some light OC and I was thinking about switching to Air to avoid pump noise / issues.

A setup that I was thinking could be:

- Noctua NH-D15 or BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4

- 2x NF-A14 PWM as INTAKE on the front

- 1x NF-A14 PWM as EXHAUST on the back

- Maybe another NF-A14 on top as exhaust or A12 if it fits

I'm on the right track? I was also thinking about Silent Wings 3 PWM, but I don't really know which should I get.

P.S: oh boy these fans are pricey!

1 minute ago, Idhor said:

I just got a BeQuiet PureBase 500 (stock fans) with an i7 10700k currently cooled with a Corsair H60 1th gen of 4 years.

Other parts:
- MSI Z490 TOMAHAWK

- RTX2080 FE

I care a lot about noise and currently it seems that most noise comes from the pump.

I will give a try to some light OC and I was thinking about switching to Air to avoid pump noise / issues.

A setup that I was thinking could be:

- Noctua NH-D15 or BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4

- 2x NF-A14 PWM as INTAKE on the front

- 1x NF-A14 PWM as EXHAUST on the back

- Maybe another NF-A14 on top as exhaust or A12 if it fits

I'm on the right track? I was also thinking about Silent Wings 3 PWM, but I don't really know which should I get.

P.S: oh boy these fans are pricey!

I would suggest the Dark Rock Pro 4, just built a pc for a friend with the non-pro Dark Rock 4 and it's inaudible under load and keeps a 3700x stock at 60-65 degrees with Aida64. 2x 140mm front fans and 1x 140mm rear fan will do the job just fine.

I got a Fractal Design Define 7 Compact with 3x Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM as intake and at 50% they make no sound, which is about 650 rpm. The Noctua fans are better though, they create a different kind of sound (every motor is different). 

I would get the drp4 cause the noctua is ugly and you have a be quiet case.  For case fans I would also go with the 140mm sw3 pwm, I think your case comes with pw2 fans which are fine but the sw3 are better, not sure I would upgrade the stock fans maybe just add 1 more to the front.

edit: part of the reason the sw3 are slightly better than the stock pw2 are that they come with anti vibration mounts while the pw2 is just hard plastic with screws, if you get 8 anti vibration mounts like the noctua ones you will improve the performance to noise ratio of the pw2 fans. 

In summary I would keep your current case fans and add another 140mm sw3 fan to the front and remount your current fans with anti vibration mounts.

Edited by BruceWayneofLosSanto

I don't care about aesthetics, I hate RGB and I prefer closed cases without glass panels.

So definitely I should start with only the cooler and buy only 1x140m by reusing stock fans and give it at try before purchasing other fans.

Some other doubts:

1. If I choose Silent Wings 3 instead of NF-A14, should I get the normal one or the high speed version?

2. When is preferable to use 120mm instead of 140mm? Is just a matter of space and for case fans should I just go for 140mm if I can and use 120mm only as a fallback?

3. With a DRP4 or a DH15 is useless to have fans on top as exhaust?

FUMA 2. And ask Be quiet how much they charge for the 500DX front panel. It should work just fine if you dont care about the rgb.