LCD OR LED MONITOR

kacperceglowski04Ts

hiya ive been looking for a monitor and each time i fined one there are LCD and LED  variants and im not sure with one to get , im going to be using the monitor for gaming and to do some work on it , plz can someone guide me to which one i should get , thanks :)

led montiors are lcd displays with led backlights, its really bs branding. They will have about the same characteristics. I don't think you can really even get a ccfl backlight display these days.

What specs do you need? Res size? Refresh rate?

the res size i was thinking 1920x1080 refresh rate 75hz i was also thinking of getting it at around 24 or 27 inches in size , thanks :)

Unless theres a reason you want an led/lcd panel I would go with ips for better color accurrusy you usually find a decent ips moniter on the cheap pretty easily. And if your not open to other panels led and lcd are almost exactly the same especially to the naked eye.

Edited by kucharczykt

thank you , i was a bit confused because when i was looking on maozon i found a AOC 27b1h 27inch but one was for 138GBP and there was the same moniter but for 125GBP the 138GBP is LCD(thats what it says on amazon ) and the other one is LED so i was a bit confused with that 

LCD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-27B1H-68-6-HDMI-Display/dp/B07DRG5ML1?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

LED: https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-27B1H-VGA-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B07D1L3XGL/ref=sr_1_84?dchild=1&keywords=gaming+monitor&qid=1603672923&refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin%3A319913031|319914031%2Cp_36%3A-14000&rnid=428432031&s=computers&sr=1-84

20 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

Unless theres a reason you want an led/lcd panel I would go with ips for better color accurrusy you usually find a decent ips moniter on the cheap pretty easily. And if your not open to other panels led and lcd are almost exactly the same especially to the naked eye.

what brands should i look for , like any when i look for IPS ones , also thanks for your help :)

12 hours ago, kacperceglowski04Ts said:

what brands should i look for , like any when i look for IPS ones , also thanks for your help :)

Asus has a pretty OK ips moniter for about 90 dollars if you want somthing cheap but besides I haven't had a ton of experience with moniters. I know samsung makes good moniters but there pricy. I guess my best advice is too look for brands you've heard of such as Asus, dell, samsung, benq, scepter, msi, ect.

14 hours ago, kacperceglowski04Ts said:

hiya ive been looking for a monitor and each time i fined one there are LCD and LED  variants and im not sure with one to get , im going to be using the monitor for gaming and to do some work on it , plz can someone guide me to which one i should get , thanks :)

LCD and LED are the same thing nowadays.

LED is an LCD with a LED backlight.

OG LCDs used CCFL backlights. When they moved on to LED backlights they used LED as the marketing name. But today all LCDs are LED so the name is interchangeable.

Read the below thread on how best to choose a monitor.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |