Stargate Origins

Psittac

Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to pay for the highest quality files or disc's of this show.  I'm a die hard SG fan however when this show came out I was drunk every night and knew that I had to save it for when I could appreciate it properly.  I know how to get files on my own, but I want to actually pay for it out of respect.

Also what's this Stargate Origin's Catherine on amazon prime?  How does it tie into the series?

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

13 minutes ago, Psittac said:

Stargate Origin's Catherine on amazon prime?  How does it tie into the series?

dunno how as i never bothered watching it, but Catherine Langford was the daughter Paul langford who found the stargate 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

2 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

dunno how as i never bothered watching it

It is incredibly low quality. I am a huge fan but could not watch it because of that. It looks liked they hired a college class.

3 hours ago, Psittac said:

Also what's this Stargate Origin's Catherine on amazon prime?  How does it tie into the series?

It's just all 10 episodes of SGO stitched together to make a 100 minute movie.

I'm about as hardcore a Stargate fan as you can get, and I didn't even finish Origins - I got a few episodes in and was just so disappointed by everything (plus - maybe this was explained by the final episode, but they seemed to be retconning a shitload of things - such as Catherine going through the gate as a young woman, where it's heavily implied that the first time she goes through the gate is when she's an old woman in the Torment of Tantalus in Season 1 of SG1).

There's currently a drive behind the scenes by one of the former showrunners to get a new primetime (meaning big budget) series off the ground. They're hoping to make it part of the SG1 canon universe.

MGM always put them off before because Roland Emmerich (Director of the original movie) wanted to reboot the franchise as a film franchise (making all the series non-canon) - but that project fell through and it seems the drive to bring the SG1 universe back is pretty strong.

Cross your fingers - I would love a new Stargate series.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I was kinda mad that SGU didn't get another season to tie things up. It wasn't as good as SG1 but it still was a decent show. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I really enjoyed SGU, shame they left it like they did. Would love to see it come back, and they could easily deal with actors age progression due to the way it left off.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

I really enjoyed SGU, shame they left it like they did. Would love to see it come back, and they could easily deal with actors age progression due to the way it left off.

I think maybe MGM should sell the show to someone like Netflix or better yet Amazon. Look at The Expanse, probably the best show since Stargate, what did SyFi do? Cancelled it, Amazon picked it up, season 4 will be out mid December. Amazon has done an excellent job with The Expanse, I think they can do great for Stargate. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm about as hardcore a Stargate fan as you can get, and I didn't even finish Origins - I got a few episodes in and was just so disappointed by everything (plus - maybe this was explained by the final episode, but they seemed to be retconning a shitload of things - such as Catherine going through the gate as a young woman, where it's heavily implied that the first time she goes through the gate is when she's an old woman in the Torment of Tantalus in Season 1 of SG1).

There's currently a drive behind the scenes by one of the former showrunners to get a new primetime (meaning big budget) series off the ground. They're hoping to make it part of the SG1 canon universe.

MGM always put them off before because Roland Emmerich (Director of the original movie) wanted to reboot the franchise as a film franchise (making all the series non-canon) - but that project fell through and it seems the drive to bring the SG1 universe back is pretty strong.

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Yeah keep seeing the push from Brad Wright, Joe Mallozzi and Joe Flanagan about hopefully getting a new show, apparently they're "5/7 chevrons locked" on a new series so far. Hopefully, it follows the SG1/SGA look and feel. Didn't care for SGU at all and Origins felt cheap.

@Donut417 I've been hoping for this for years, but MGM are a pretty terrible company and are holding out on someone paying over the odds for the rights or doing their own shoddy revision with Emmerich. Not good news for us old fans.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

20 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I was kinda mad that SGU didn't get another season to tie things up. It wasn't as good as SG1 but it still was a decent show. 

Personally I really liked SGU. I liked the more modern take on things - it being a bit grittier and more “BSG-like”. It had tons of promise. 

I wouldn’t entirely care if they drop that plot and never return to it, but it would have been nice to get a one season miniseries or a movie to tie things up. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)