Gábor Balogh's smartwatch concept, the way it should be IMO

SSOB

Links : https://www.behance.net/gallery/Smartwatch-Concept/14929833

[Source]: http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/39153/balogh-toont-concept-van-een-traditioneel-slim-horloge

News article translated: (G-t)

In particular, Sony and Samsung are the big names like we smart watch called the term. Although manufacturers interesting developments carry their products for many people it will be clear that there are still more out of falls. Through a concept Gábor Balogh has posted an interesting idea for future smart watches. 

The design stands out in particular through the traditional appearance, based on Triwa Havana. Nevertheless, the control system is integrated in a smart manner. Thus, the ring around the screen to press, we can imagine that it is simple to navigate and select in this way. In addition to displaying the time, day and date, we see little icons that display various messages. 

We are wondering if this concept Gábor Balogh arouses interest among manufacturers, we can be enthusiastic.

Balogh-Smartwatch-Concept-01.jpg

Balogh-Smartwatch-Concept-02a.jpg

Of course i know the conceptmaker can't do thi on his own so i really would love someone like sony or pebble to buy this idea ( Samsung won't do it because they are way too heatheaded )

Interested in Business and Technology

Ooooh that looks good.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Please back this people , ( At least if you like awesome tech that is :D )

Interested in Business and Technology

An iPod click wheel watch.... Wow I never thought how much that would work on a watch, we have all been focused on flexible touchscreens and didn't see what we already could of had.

As cool as that is, personally I think that smart watches are mostly a gimmick. Why would I want to buy something that costs as much as my phone, and basically has the same function?

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Exactly what I wanted! A watch should still look like an actual real watch instead of something from a really bad sci fi movie

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I am calling it... (like Linus did, albiet a completely different outcome).

Smartwatches will never take off.

The discussion has ended.

I am calling it... (like Linus did, albiet a completely different outcome).

Smartwatches will never take off.

The discussion has ended.

That is unlikely, they might not take the world by storm but they will almost definitely take over watch sales in the future. The majority of people that will purchase a watch in the will most likely take the one that offers more utility over one that doesn't unless they personally prefer the aesthetics of a normal watch. This is most likely a minority and as we see here smart watches may look relatively normal with just added features.

That is unlikely, they might not take the world by storm but they will almost definitely take over watch sales in the future. The majority of people that will purchase a watch in the will most likely take the one that offers more utility over one that doesn't unless they personally prefer the aesthetics of a normal watch. This is most likely a minority and as we see here smart watches may look relatively normal with just added features.

I will then clarify the colloquialism "never take off" since it can have varying levels of interpretation.

I do not believe smartwatches will experience the same success as the tablets did when the iPad was first released.  That market went from nearly 0 to overload within weeks.  The same type of thing could also be said for the iPhone and smartphones.  Even going back further, the same could be said for the NES where the other consoles near that time were ColecoVision and much earlier Atari 2600.  As popular as the Atari 2600 was in its earlier time, it didn't do for the industry what the Nintendo Entertainment System did.

With what I define as "never take off" established, I do not believe smartwatches will experience this level of industry-changing success.  I do believe smartwatches will exist, and I do agree their function is objectively and technically better for certain tasks than smartphones.  This is what Linus even suggests.  But where we differ is that the reading of messages on a watch will "never take off" in regards to the greater public.

The smartwatch product will exist, and it will be as successful as high-end, expensive IEMs--whereby people will buy these headphones, but only the strong enthusiast.  The industry will profit, but not to ludicrous levels.

I will then clarify the colloquialism "never take off" since it can have varying levels of interpretation.

I do not believe smartwatches will experience the same success as the tablets did when the iPad was first released.  That market went from nearly 0 to overload within weeks.  The same type of thing could also be said for the iPhone and smartphones.  Even going back further, the same could be said for the NES where the other consoles near that time were ColecoVision and much earlier Atari 2600.  As popular as the Atari 2600 was in its earlier time, it didn't do for the industry what the Nintendo Entertainment System did.

With what I define as "never take off" established, I do not believe smartwatches will experience this level of industry-changing success.  I do believe smartwatches will exist, and I do agree their function is objectively and technically better for certain tasks than smartphones.  This is what Linus even suggests.  But where we differ is that the reading of messages on a watch will "never take off" in regards to the greater public.

The smartwatch product will exist, and it will be as successful as high-end, expensive IEMs--whereby people will buy these headphones, but only the strong enthusiast.  The industry will profit, but not to ludicrous levels.

That is a sound argument right there. However you're focusing entirely on the tech side. That's cool, strictly as a tech gadget you're likely right. However, remember that this type of devices are also wearable accessories, henceforth clothing articles. When you consider that all bets are off: The fashion industry it's a strange and completely different beast and if anybody has experience with it is Apple, a wearable apple product if done right, could take off in an explosive matter.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That is a sound argument right there. However you're focusing entirely on the tech side. That's cool, strictly as a tech gadget you're likely right. However, remember that this type of devices are also wearable accessories, henceforth clothing articles. When you consider that all bets are off: The fashion industry it's a strange and completely different beast and if anybody has experience with it is Apple, a wearable apple product if done right, could take off in an explosive matter.

What do you think the feasibility is for a cock ring that measures your heart rate?

What do you think the feasibility is for a cock ring that measures your heart rate?

I'm not sure myself but I have a friend who owns a sex shop, I'll ask him how many cock rings he moves monthly and get back to you.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I fully agree that smart watches will and pretty much has not taken off like tablets did, I do believe that they will just slowly become the norm for the regular watch for the individuals that wear watches regardless of the tech in the future and slowly push out the traditional mechanical watch. Personally I believe that the functionality of the smart watch is limited and acts merely as a filler for a paradigm shifting product or technology that has more functions and is more integrated with the human body. The idea may seem fantastical but biotechnology is advancing at a pace where its possible all the functionality currently offered by phones or smart watches may be made available integrated in the mind.

This is most likely to be the final goal of wearable products as the goal of wearables is to have technology on you at all times, this makes integrating technology with the body a convincing place to go.