LGHUB software consumes up to 100% CPU time

Todeskult

Hi,

I know it is not a new problem, but maybe LTT could make a video about that and pressure Logitech so they would hire a proper software development team and fix this bullshit sorry excuse of a driver software?

Recently it got even worse, with the latest update the CPU usage is 100% all the time, all one can do is to kill it from the Task Manager and hope that when it gets restarted it will consume less - it happens from time to time.

Because all of this I wan't to smash my G815 keyboard against the wall, Logitech Gaming Software is not an alternative replacement, it has less features, is out of support (last update done in 2018), looks ugly and so on.

One thing is for sure: I WILL NOT BUY ANY OTHER LOGITECH HARDWARE ANYMORE!!! They support is non-existent, all you can experience are some bots which are non-surprisingly helpless.

I will switch to Asus, Razer or even Corsair. NEVER AGAIN LOGITECH!!!

I can't complain myself about the Logitech support. Every time i've had an issue it has been resolved without further problems. You must have a really low-end PC if G-Hub is pegging your CPU to 100%. My usage is <1% at all times (more at 0,1-0,2%) with a 3700X. Perfectly happy with my G910 and G Pro.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I got quite old but fair enough PC spec: i5 Core 4430 @3GHz & 16 GB of RAM, all at Win7 64-bit, should be enough to handle a driver, right?

same here, CPU 100% utilization, update involved? 9600k at 5 GHz / 32 GB at 3600 MHz / ssd

Have you tried disabling ARX control connection? 

The LG HUB software for me was consuming quite a bit of ethernet utilization and disabling this helped with performance...like literally why in the hell does a keyboard and mouse use the internet? Just for me to see how my PC is doing in game like OSD? Nope. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I have no ARX devices (or whatever it is), so I'm guessing there was no ARX connection active. Right now I have this sorry bullshit excuse of a software uninstalled.

I can give it a try once I will upgrade to Win 10 from currently used Win 7, maybe that will help...

• 3 months later...

This is so unbelievably stupid. Every morning after I start my work Mac I have to open the LGHub just to make sure it won't completely utilise my CPU randomly (this seems to help). This issue is now so old I even forgot about it and rediscovered it anew. Logitech software support is really bad. I even have the same issue for years now with my old G15 keyboard, where the display randomly just stops updating (clock). Also known, no one at Logitech bothers to fix it. Will definitely upgrade to different periphery manufacturer.

Any tips on a manufacturer with great PC software support and at least good Mac support for their keyboards /mices? (I use a KVM switch for my work Mac/game PC)

Your Logitech HUB works ? 😄 Mine never opens, so many tutorials on youtube and nothing works. I´ve downloaded Logitech Gaming Software so I have something to use but doesn´t support Logitech G PRO X 😕

Case        - Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo, black
MOBO     - MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk, DDR5, Wifi
CPU        - Intel Core i9-13900K     
GPU        - Asus TUF Gaming, RTX 3080 10GB, V2 OC
RAM        - G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Black, 2x 16GB, 5600 MHz 
CPU cooler  - Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Storage     - Seagate FireCuda 530 Heatsink, 1TB + 500GB
PSU          - Corsair HX1000 
Fan           - Lian Li SL-Infinity 120mm, black 10x
Cable        - Lian Li Strimer Plus V2, 24-pin + dual 8-pin

Display     - Asus ROG Swift PG279QM, 27" 240Hz
Mouse       - Logitech G502 Hero
Mousepad   - Logitech G640 
Keyboard    - Logitech G513 
Headphones  - Logitech G PRO X

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the Logitech G hub software is complete aids. All the driver reinstalls and youtube videos got old really quick. Especially for all I want to do is control my mouse, like is that so hard to ask for? an Intel core I9-9900KF should be plenty to run a dumbass driver without completely crashing my pc.

I have no issues with LGHub. Its installer went batshit once but thats about it. Y'all have bad luck.

• 1 month later...

Weirdly I have no issues with it on my gaming PC, but I was worried about my work issued computer (2019 Macbook Pro) which had the fans going nonstop and was too hot to hold. When I checked the resource manager it said that GHub was using 125% of the CPU. When I quit the program the fans turned off and it cooled down.

Logitech does have an alternative called Onboard Memory Manager, intended for LANs and stuff where you can't install GHub. It doesn't have an official product page so it's a bit tricky to find on their site, but it's a few megabytes in size, works without installing and can be closed/deleted once you finish changing settings. Limitations are lack of macro and RGB customization, but if you don't need those then OMM is the way to go.