Any improvements on my airflow?

As i tried to visualize, my idea was to have six input fans (3x on my top-mounted AIO, 3x on the "front-panel".)

I think these should blow the air right over the motherboard to the vertically mounted gpu and the positive air pressure should vent it out the other ends

Case is a lian li o11 dynamic

Any improvements?

image.thumb.png.d858b3a72d4a4d0a34db3791af0a8163.png

Why is the top intake? would it not make more sense for it to be exhaust, since hot air rises to the top.

It would probably work as you planned it, but I think the other way will lead to better thermals

My Gaming PC:
Inno3D iChill Black - RTX 4080 - +500 Memory, undervolted Core, 2xCorsair QX120 (push) + 2xInno3D 120mm (pull)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z @6000MHz CL30 - 2x16GB
Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming

1x500GB Samsung 960 Pro (Windows 11)

1x2TB Kingston KC3000 (Games)

1x1TB WD Blue SN550 (Programs)

1x1TB Samsung 870 EVO (Programs)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11 Vision
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM (240hz OLED), MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Wooting 60HE

Audeze LCD2-C + FiiO K3

Klipsch RP600-M + Klipsch R-120 SW

My Notebook:

MacBook Pro 16 M1 - 16GB

Proxmox-Cluster:

• Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus Strix X570E F-Gaming, 2x32GB3200MHz ECC, 2x 512GB NVMe ZFS-Mirror (Boot + Testing-VMs), 2x14TB ZFS-Mirror + 1x3TB (TrueNAS-VM), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 10G NIC
  • i7 8700k delidded undervolted, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 4x16GB 3200MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC
  • i5 4670, 3x4GB + 1x8GB 1600MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC

Proxmox-Backup-Server:

• i5 4670, 4x4GB 1600MHz, 2x2TB ZFS-Mirror, 2,5G NIC

I'd go for 3 intake in the bottom, this way the GPU can get the best cooling. And then 3 fans on the radiator as top exhaust.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Noah0302 said:

Why is the top intake? would it not make more sense for it to be exhaust, since hot air rises to the top.

It would probably work as you planned it, but I think the other way will lead to better thermals

When doing forced airflow the heat rising principle doesn't matter anymore. Op just wants their rad to have 100% fresh cool air intake which is the best and have air being forced over the gpu to help it cool down which is a good idea considering how it will be mounted. This is just a big positive airflow build and nothing wrong with that.

18 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I'd go for 3 intake in the bottom, this way the GPU can get the best cooling. And then 3 fans on the radiator as top exhaust.

27 minutes ago, Noah0302 said:

I agree and I'm sure this would look super sick just make the bottom intake and the top exhaust 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qJB4Xv

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($269.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($394.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($869.99 @ Staples) 
Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Asus 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.64) 
Total: $2338.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-08 10:04 EST-0500

I have one of the two radiators in my case on the intake (that is, air is blown through the rad and into the case), and I don't like it. It gets too hot inside. I suppose you could alleviate the problem by having enough case fans blowing the air through fast, but that's extra noise and extra cost (the fans) just to fix the problem you created in the first place. I don't recommend inward-blowing radiators.

1 hour ago, Noah0302 said:

"Hot air rising" vs fans is like a toddler trying to stop a car by blowing on it.

I don't want to suck hot air through my AIO radiator and i want my pump below it

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Wouldn't this blow hot air through the radiator?

1 hour ago, Allptraum1989 said:

"Hot air rising" vs fans is like a toddler trying to stop a car by blowing on it.

I don't want to suck hot air through my AIO radiator and i want my pump below it

Absolutely true but in your layout the transferred heat will now be in your case that has as it seems no exhaust fans. The latter aspect also leads to a higher resistivity for your radiator fans: they now not only need to overcome the resistivity of your radiators but also the slightly positive pressure inside of your case. The higher ambient temps inside your case will have an effect on your GPU (an significant effect probably). Your GPU will also struggle to get fresh air when mounted vertically unless there's airflow and enough space between the fans and the glas. You definitely should use your bottom fan mounts. Since the GPU needs airflow, the bottom fans should be intake. You are right that the radiator will work better as intake in terms of ΔT so that leaves you with the side fans as exhaust then. I'd probably also use the rear fan mount as well as exhaust. What this (should) result in are turbulences which is good because that means the air is mixing well and not going straight to the exhaust.

You will have to experiment though with fan directions to find the best possible layout.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

3 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Absolutely true but in your layout the transferred heat will now be in your case that has as it seems no exhaust fans. The latter aspect also leads to a higher resistivity for your radiator fans: they now not only need to overcome the resistivity of your radiators but also the slightly positive pressure inside of your case. The higher ambient temps inside your case will have an effect on your GPU (an significant effect probably). Your GPU will also struggle to get fresh air when mounted vertically unless there's airflow and enough space between the fans and the glas. You definitely should use your bottom fan mounts. Since the GPU needs airflow, the bottom fans should be intake. You are right that the radiator will work better as intake in terms of ΔT so that leaves you with the side fans as exhaust then. I'd probably also use the rear fan mount as well as exhaust. What this (should) result in are turbulences which is good because that means the air is mixing well and not going straight to the exhaust.

You will have to experiment though with fan directions to find the best possible layout.

Thanks!

Sadly, the oc11 has no rear-fan mount.  

There is plenty space between the gpu fans and the glass.

I don't think i can mount bottom fans below the gpu. I think it sits on the fan-mount. I could (most likely) place one to the right of the gpu.

I don't have the case yet, hence the uncertainty.

1 hour ago, Allptraum1989 said:

I don't think i can mount bottom fans below the gpu. I think it sits on the fan-mount. I could (most likely) place one to the right of the gpu.

Depends on the vertical GPU mount. The O11 does not have one built in so you need to buy one extra. The EKWB vertical GPU mount should work and is very solid due to mounting to the mainboard standoffs. The Liani Li O11d-1 vertical GPU mount accessoire will probably not work (the one for the O11-D XL will but that one's larger obviously), the Raijintek PAXX-S mount will also work but you might need to fiddle around with the bottom support piece.

Edit: This is the EK one.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

42 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Depends on the vertical GPU mount. The O11 does not have one built in so you need to buy one extra. The EKWB vertical GPU mount should work and is very solid due to mounting to the mainboard standoffs. The Liani Li O11d-1 vertical GPU mount accessoire will probably not work (the one for the O11-D XL will but that one's larger obviously), the Raijintek PAXX-S mount will also work but you might need to fiddle around with the bottom support piece.

Edit: This is the EK one.

I see. I thought there was one included. Then i'd mount it vanilla-style. Then i could put in exhaust fans.

10 minutes ago, Allptraum1989 said:

I see. I thought there was one included. Then i'd mount it vanilla-style. Then i could put in exhaust fans.

Did not look like it to me. There's nothing built in and the vertical mount is listed as an accessoire. 

But don't have the bottom fans as exhaust. You'd introduce a competitor for the GPU fans. Not clever. Bottom should be intake for the sake of your GPU. Have the side as exhaust then.

3 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Did not look like it to me. There's nothing built in and the vertical mount is listed as an accessoire. 

But don't have the bottom fans as exhaust. You'd introduce a competitor for the GPU fans. Not clever. Bottom should be intake for the sake of your GPU. Have the side as exhaust then.

Very good idea! Side exhaust.

Top in, Bottom in, side exhaust.

That way i still have fresh air for my cpu!