Driving the Sennheiser HD599 SE HELP

CriSis_

Hi,

I recently picked up the Sennheiser HD599 SE's and wish to make the most of them with an AMP and DAC. I don't have a lot of knowledge in the audio space so I'm not certain as to what is good :D. I have a budget of £100 (preferably under XD). 

Thanks for any recommendations :D, stay safe,

Lex

E10K

They're not very hard to drive though, so don't expect a night and play difference

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

35 minutes ago, Alexander Underwood said:

Hi,

I recently picked up the Sennheiser HD599 SE's and wish to make the most of them with an AMP and DAC. I don't have a lot of knowledge in the audio space so I'm not certain as to what is good :D. I have a budget of £100 (preferably under XD). 

Thanks for any recommendations :D, stay safe,

Lex

You could get the Sound Blaster X3. It has a lot to the software side and has EQ, virtual surround and other stuff that can make your headphones sound great. I'd rather not go for the E10K because it has much less features for around 70 dollars but the X3 is like 100.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

E10K

They're not very hard to drive though, so don't expect a night and play difference

To be fair there's a noticeable difference when you plug them into a PC vs say a phone. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

their not hard to drive but if you really need to I would get something like a hip dac or fiio k3. I would not reccomend the previously stated e10k they just kinda flat out suck these days and have pottentially dirty pots.