AMD Learns from NVIDIA and issues guidelines to retailers to prevent Radeon RX 6000-series scalping

On 10/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, dilpickle said:

You would think so but many retailers just see a sale as a sale and don't care who is buying.

Just look at the panic buying when the lockdown started. We saw pics of people walking out with 4 shopping carts full of toiler paper and leaving nothing for everyone else. You would think the store would put a limit on purchases. They might piss off a few people but they would make hundreds more happy. But they didn't care because they make the same money no matter who is buying.

Can't really consider that an apples to apples comparison though. Not too many attachments one can attach to toilet paper. If a store offered me a warranty or replacement plan for my toilet paper, I'd be pretty concerned... lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:54 AM, Nuclear powered vinegar said:

If AMD is worried, that give me some idea of how high of a demand there will be..

AMD is just being 'the good guy' that's completely irrelevant to demand, imo. 

Not saying there won't be demand depending on how good these cards actually are, but in the end neither AMD nor Nvidia care, a sale is a sale. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, MageTank said:

Can't really consider that an apples to apples comparison though. Not too many attachments one can attach to toilet paper. If a store offered me a warranty or replacement plan for my toilet paper, I'd be pretty concerned... lol.

You overestimate the market for high end video cards. A store like Newegg sells at most a few thousand of these. Its not enough for them to care about implementing special rules or worry about losing customers. They make most of their money from business customers.