CM SickleFlow 120mm vs NZXT RF-FN142-RB vs BeQuiet Purewings 2

frozensun

I removed NZXT fan from the case (model no. in topic), hoping that Pure Wings 2 will do better job as exhaust fan,but I don't feel much air pushing out of the case.

I know that on old PC I have SickleFlow as exhust fan and even from 2 feet I could feel air on my legs pushing in.

So it's suprise to me that 120mm beats both of these 140mm fans..

I don't know why CM gets better results,so I need to know which of these 3 fans would be the best as exhaust fan.

For sure PureWings 2 will go out of this case since it sucks bad.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Generally 120mm has much higher static pressure than 140mm

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Generally speaking, a 140 mm fan moves more air than a 120 mm fan spinning at the same RPM.  Your 120 mm could just be spinning faster than your 140 mm was. That could be why you actually feel the 120 mm airflow.   The 140 mm didn't have to spin as fast so you never actually felt an air current on your leg. 

12 minutes ago, 57chevy said:

Generally speaking, a 140 mm fan moves more air than a 120 mm fan spinning at the same RPM.  Your 120 mm could just be spinning faster than your 140 mm was. That could be why you actually feel the 120 mm airflow.   The 140 mm didn't have to spin as fast so you never actually felt an air current on your leg. 

Higher cfm but lower static pressure. The 120 almost certainly was spinning faster. Smaller fans generally spin at higher rpm than larger ones. Fans make noise based on the velocity of the outermost fan blade tip.  It eventually reaches supersonic speed. A larger fan will reach that speed at a lower rpm than a smaller one.  120mm fans generally start making noticeable noise around 800-1000 rpm, (blade shape and things can change this slightly) while with 140mm fans it’s more like 400-600 rpm.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

How are temps? What your leg feels like isn't a good measure of system cooling performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.