US government wants to use machines to constantly monitor up to 5 million employees

The US government is planning to crack down on potential leakers and threats with a detailed personnel-monitoring system that could go into place later this year, according to the Associated Press. The system would reportedly tap into a wide variety of government databases — including military records, licenses, and local law enforcement reports — and reach out to private credit agencies as well to allow workers' behaviors to be continuously analyzed for anything unusual.

The monitoring system may launch at select government agencies this September and be operational at all agencies by September 2016, according to the AP. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper has already floated such a system when speaking with lawmakers, reportedly saying last month that "What we need is a system of continuous evaluation where when someone is in the system and they're cleared initially, then we have a way of monitoring their behavior, both their electronic behavior on the job as well as off the job." It will apparently be a costly program.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/10/5490772/us-wants-continual-monitoring-system-security-clearance-workers

They are trying to prevent more leaks, but it's that old history... who is monitoring the monitoring machine?

Signatures are stupid.

Employees? I'm fine with it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Who needs monitoring machines when people would be afraid of making mistakes in front of the lord GabeN?

All hail GabeN!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Next decision: "Just monitor everything!"

fine with that too, i have nothing to show though  :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Aaand what about possible leaks from people that are monitoring the "monitoring machines" :P?

We need a machine to monitore the monitoring machine, and another machine to monitore the machine monitoring the monitoring machine and we need another machine to...

Signatures are stupid.

Even google knows

.ca

Aha!!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The more I hear news like this the less I feel we are heading to a star trek type future and more to an eon flux type scenario.  I feel very sad for my children, I personally might escape some of the BS that seems to plague humanity but they are going to cop it right in the freedoms.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I was fully expecting this to read "US government wants to use machines to take over the world"

that's what the drones are for.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

We need a machine to monitore the monitoring machine, and another machine to monitore the machine monitoring the monitoring machine and we need another machine to...

Recursion!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Hmm... This reminds me of Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times and 1984... Welp, time to move to Canada, Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, or Switzerland.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |