A lil bit of concern on TUF FX505DT before buying

Good day, everyone. Fairly new here in the forums and I do not have any choice but to ask for some help. 

So I came across on Asus TUF FX505DT which is equipped with Ryzen 7-3750H accompanied by a GTX 1650 (512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD & 16 GB of ram which is sweet for me)...However, I'm not quite sure whether the temps/thermals will be alright or if there'll be bottlenecking issues...Could someone enlighten me whether it'll be safe 'bet' to buy it? (Of course I'll add a 1 TB HDD since it doesn't have one) It is currently priced at SAR 3999 (Almost a sub $1k laptop).

Purpose:

Gaming

3D-1D 'Astronomical' simulations (programming as well...so most likely I'm planning to dual boot it...) 

Apparently, my first bet is the Nitro 5 (new ed. not the i7 variant as well lol) which I watched from LTT's recent review; similar sub $1k laptop...Yet here in our country, it was overly priced like sh*t lol. Nevertheless, other recommendations and options are always accepted (Price range: sub $1000 - $1200). 😄 

Thanks! c; 

CGHA

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

Howdy and welcome :)

3750h is a zen+ cpu not a zen2 cpu.  There has been a lot of talk as of late about how the 4000 series chips have better heat profiles than the competing intel stuff.  That is a different chip though. my memory is that the zen+ stuff was pretty comparable heat wise to competing intel chips when they were out.  The zen+ Apus were not nearly as crushing as the zen2apus.  The 4000 series laptops have been very hard to find though. Zen+ had a rep for slower single thread and faster multi-thread than competing intel CPUs.  The more important question might be this dual boot thing.  I have no info on that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Zen+ had a rep for slower single thread and faster multi-thread than competing intel CPUs.

Oh that's kinda underwhelming. I should have further do some digging again about this and see what I can find. The 'closest' I can find is Pavillion for Zen 2 stuff. Nevertheless, thanks for pointing out 😄 

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

20 hours ago, Astrogene said:

Good day, everyone. Fairly new here in the forums and I do not have any choice but to ask for some help. 

So I came across on Asus TUF FX505DT which is equipped with Ryzen 7-3750H accompanied by a GTX 1650 (512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD & 16 GB of ram which is sweet for me)...However, I'm not quite sure whether the temps/thermals will be alright or if there'll be bottlenecking issues...Could someone enlighten me whether it'll be safe 'bet' to buy it? (Of course I'll add a 1 TB HDD since it doesn't have one) It is currently priced at SAR 3999 (Almost a sub $1k laptop).

Purpose:

Gaming

3D-1D 'Astronomical' simulations (programming as well...so most likely I'm planning to dual boot it...) 

Apparently, my first bet is the Nitro 5 (new ed. not the i7 variant as well lol) which I watched from LTT's recent review; similar sub $1k laptop...Yet here in our country, it was overly priced like sh*t lol. Nevertheless, other recommendations and options are always accepted (Price range: sub $1000 - $1200). 😄 

Thanks! c; 

CGHA

From what I've heard of the TUF series laptops you're talking about, they are pretty lackluster especially in their panels. There's been a couple reviews on Youtube about their thermals and panel quality, and frankly it's pretty bad considering what you're paying. Here's one by a dude named Jerrod that's pretty in depth, and I know it's not EXACTLY your configuration but it's still indicative and it's the same series so check it out if you want.