LTT collaboration with The 8-Bit Guy?

BenTreece1987

It has recently occurred to me that I would like to see a collaboration between Linus tech tips and David Murray of The 8-Bit Guy YouTube channel. It would be a cool collaboration to see David Murray of the 8-Bit guy YouTube channel with Linus tech tips doing a project together on like the evolution of computers. And building retro PCS with New old stock hardware from the 80s and 90s in a series of videos as well as new computers period And discussing the history of the computer and evolution of them. I think David Murray and Linus Sebastian need to get together and make this collaboration come together and happen. Bringing two different people from two different eras of computers they both were in computer sales so they have a lot in common with each other when it comes to this. This collaboration will be the ultimate collaboration for Linus Tech Tips as well as The 8-Bit Guy or known as David Murray. This is a collaboration that I would love to see to come to fruition.

Theres a tread for video suggestions , but linus has basically zero appreciation for old pc tech and often in videos is more likely to mock people who enjoy it rather than embrace it. 

theres also the issue of dave being in texas and linus being in canada with neither financially benefiting from any form of paid sponsored travel for the video. So the video would earn no more money or views than one done by each on their own vs a collab.

I think the youtubers dave collabs with now are better matches like perifractic or big clive or techmoan or technology connections 

If we are talking about the Classical Computers of the 80's and very early 90's, then yes I myself would like to something like that. You know the 8 and 16 bit one along with the platforms using the m68k CPUs.

TIL that being 10 years older than someone means you’re “from a different era”.  

Young people’s concept of time always makes me feel real old.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

TIL that being 10 years older than someone means you’re “from a different era”.  

Young people’s concept of time always makes me feel real old.

Speaking of which, Younger folks don't believe me at when I mention that Microcomputers used to use Audio Cassettes for data storage... And Floppy Disk are actually floppy...

*** Thread locked ***

You can post video suggestions to

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv