Buying a new Macbook

Hi!!

I've had my macbook air since 2015, it has an 1,6 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM and the motherboard is an Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB. I got it when i was finishing HS, and right now with college and photo editing it just doens't cut it for me anymore. I was thinking of getting the new Mabook Pro 13' with:

• Intel Core I5 quad-core at 2,0 GHz 10th generation processor
  • Intel Iris plus graphics
  • 16 GB LPDDR4X at 3733 MHz RAM
  • 512 GB of storage

The Intel core i7 quad-core at 2,3 GHz 10th generation, turbo boost  until 4,1 GHz processor would cost about 350 euros more btw.

What to do you guys think, is it a good choice? I want a laptop that will last me a good time too.

Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, SaraB said:

Hi!!

I've had my macbook air since 2015, it has an 1,6 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM and the motherboard is an Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB. I got it when i was finishing HS, and right now with college and photo editing it just doens't cut it for me anymore. I was thinking of getting the new Mabook Pro 13' with:

• Intel Core I5 quad-core at 2,0 GHz 10th generation processor
  • Intel Iris plus graphics
  • 16 GB LPDDR4X at 3733 MHz RAM
  • 512 GB of storage

The Intel core i7 quad-core at 2,3 GHz 10th generation, turbo boost  until 4,1 GHz processor would cost about 350 euros more btw.

What to do you guys think, is it a good choice? I want a laptop that will last me a good time too.

Thanks!!

I'd get the bigger 15 inch model. The main thing is to not get any macbook ever with the butterfly keyboard as it will fail and is a very well known designflaw and just bad keyboard.

I personally wouldn't get a macbook if a pc is an option just because of my budget focus but really just get what you like. I do advice the 15 inch one just for an easier time on the eyes and more screen real estate. Also better cooling compared to the almost non existant one in the 13. Cpu wise the i5 and i7 are basically identical cpu's one just has a slightly higher clockspeed which is not worth the big price increase.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

I'd get the bigger 15 inch model. The main thing is to not get any macbook ever with the butterfly keyboard as it will fail and is a very well known designflaw and just bad keyboard.

I personally wouldn't get a macbook if a pc is an option just because of my budget focus but really just get what you like. I do advice the 15 inch one just for an easier time on the eyes and more screen real estate. Also better cooling compared to the almost non existant one in the 13. Cpu wise the i5 and i7 are basically identical cpu's one just has a slightly higher clockspeed which is not worth the big price increase.

Pc is an option, just dont know must about it. What would you recomend?

Thanks for answering btw

48 minutes ago, SaraB said:

Pc is an option, just dont know must about it. What would you recomend?

Thanks for answering btw

Got a budget? Any must haves?

My budget it's around 1500 euros.

I have a really nice desktop computer so the laptop will be just for work and so on.
I'm looking for a laptop that its fast and runs smoothly and can last me a good time.

11 hours ago, SaraB said:

My budget it's around 1500 euros.

I have a really nice desktop computer so the laptop will be just for work and so on.
I'm looking for a laptop that its fast and runs smoothly and can last me a good time.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-laptop-15z-ds100-8wl85av-1

Or the hp omen 15 ryzen 4000 laptop. It's more powerful. But not sure if you need it. Does have a much better screen. The envy's screen is not bad at all but the omen is one of those units that has an exceptionally good one on a more budget focused laptop. Ram and storage are both upgrade able (the omen much easier than the envy) so you don't have to get the highest of the highest spec if you are afraid that down the line you'd not have enough ram or storage.

Also quote me otherwise I will not see a reply. I saw this by pure accident when closing my tabs.