Suspicious mocro SD card listing on Amazon?

Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
9 minutes ago, Kevin.K.N. said:

I am looking for a microSD card and found this SD card with 512 GB class 10, but I noticed it's price is so much lower than any equivalent in brands such as sandisc or Samsung

Here is the listing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GR36K87/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_czAHFbSP0P69T

When checking prices to similar microSD cards, this card is way cheaper. I tried to Google the brand but did not get much useful information.

I checked with Amazon and they say their products are authorised and it all seems good. It's reviews are good but again, there is no guarantee that this is not a scam. So I wonder. Has anyone here heard about this brand or maybe even tested this microSD card? What is your advice should I buy this or avoid it? I would prefere to avoid a return due to inconvenience with working hours Vs post office opening hours. ^_^

Cheers.

Does indeed look fake. You can always buy it just for fun, but they advertise it as 4K Ultra HD, high speed UHD gaming,... If the picture is correct, it is a U1 class, which is rated for 10 MB/s. For 4K video you need at least a U3 for the required write bandwidth.

I am looking for a microSD card and found this SD card with 512 GB class 10, but I noticed it's price is so much lower than any equivalent in brands such as sandisc or Samsung

Here is the listing

When checking prices to similar microSD cards, this card is way cheaper. I tried to Google the brand but did not get much useful information.

I checked with Amazon and they say their products are authorised and it all seems good. It's reviews are good but again, there is no guarantee that this is not a scam. So I wonder. Has anyone here heard about this brand or maybe even tested this microSD card? What is your advice should I buy this or avoid it? I would prefere to avoid a return due to inconvenience with working hours Vs post office opening hours. ^_^

Cheers.

The reviews are for a different product. This is probably a scam card or some really low end super slow garbage thingy that got bought from a low binned batch when making sd cards.

Considering that is a copy of SanDisk cards I'm going to say it's fake.

Stick to trusted brands from trusted sellers and if the price seems too good to be true it probably is. Lots of fakes and scams out there.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

looks like a fake Sandisk card, stay clear.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, Kevin.K.N. said:

Here is the listing

Cheers.

Does indeed look fake. You can always buy it just for fun, but they advertise it as 4K Ultra HD, high speed UHD gaming,... If the picture is correct, it is a U1 class, which is rated for 10 MB/s. For 4K video you need at least a U3 for the required write bandwidth.

Thanks guys!

Yeah I suspected it to be a scam and yeah the price really is too good to be true. (Btw nice observation regarding the reviews-didnt catch that one myself )

I'll go with sandisk then ^_^

Much love!

The reviews are fake.

Why would he fake the reviews if it's selling a legit product.

Get a drive with a legit warranty.

No warranty no deal.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Yeah... The advertisement is garbage.... It says class 10 but clearly is u1 on the pic and higher up in the details too much conflicting information.

I'll stay clear and buy myself a sandisc one :)

1 minute ago, Kevin.K.N. said:

Yeah... The advertisement is garbage.... It says class 10 but clearly is u1 on the pic and higher up too so much conflicting information.

Have a look at this page for SD card speed classes. Class 10 and U1 are different, yet somehow the same :)

1 minute ago, Naijin said:

Have a look at this page for SD card speed classes. Class 10 and U1 are different, yet somehow the same :)

Oooooo nice cheers mate!

(Only done a little light reading so far but I will definitely dive into this)

Oh btw guys can you do me a favour, if you have an Amazon account please report this item (I am doing so too) just to get a few reports in so it's taken down to spare the unfortunate soul who might buy this ?

This topic may now be locked 🔐 thanks again guys 

Edited by Kevin.K.N.
Solved