1 corner dark but working

nextg3n

Hello, recently recieved a montor where panel works but is dark at 1 corner, meaning no light behind it, is it possible to fix it. in thery it should since when plugged in or turned on it works for aroun 20seconds- 1 min and then 1 corner loses its panel light but it works the same, so my guess is that some connections are loose or there is a short somewhere in between? anybody have any good idea and knowladge how to fix?

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

Probably a failing LED, but there's no way to know whether it's possible to fix and if so how without taking the thing apart.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

14 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Probably a failing LED, but there's no way to know whether it's possible to fix and if so how without taking the thing apart.

well it is out of warranty and dont have anything to lose, so why not give it a shot.

5 hours ago, nextg3n said:

Hello, recently recieved a montor where panel works but is dark at 1 corner, meaning no light behind it, is it possible to fix it. in thery it should since when plugged in or turned on it works for aroun 20seconds- 1 min and then 1 corner loses its panel light but it works the same, so my guess is that some connections are loose or there is a short somewhere in between? anybody have any good idea and knowladge how to fix?

Yes it is possoble to fix, but you dont need to fix it, if its new you should have a warrenty. So talk with who ever your warrenty is from, theyll tell you to send it to then, and then experts will fix it, and you wont have to pay for it. And if its not possible to fix they will have to send you a new one, even limmeted warrenties cover stuff like this.

16 hours ago, Elad.Evron said:

Yes it is possoble to fix, but you dont need to fix it, if its new you should have a warrenty. So talk with who ever your warrenty is from, theyll tell you to send it to then, and then experts will fix it, and you wont have to pay for it. And if its not possible to fix they will have to send you a new one, even limmeted warrenties cover stuff like this.

well lenovo site says its out of warranty, ended 2019 sometime.

7 hours ago, nextg3n said:

well lenovo site says its out of warranty, ended 2019 sometime.

Did you buy it used? because if ytes then look at the site you ordered from buyers protection, its for stuff like that 

19 hours ago, Elad.Evron said:

Did you buy it used? because if ytes then look at the site you ordered from buyers protection, its for stuff like that 

brand new, company property and out of warranty.

1 hour ago, nextg3n said:

brand new, company property and out of warranty.

Then talk with who ever you baught it from, maybe they wiil give you the money back and if not just buy a new one, give me budget and size you want and I can recomend you something