RGB Led environment build for my pc

tony01

Hello,

I'd like to put some rgbs under my desk and behind my monitor. I was looking for RGB led strips on aliexpress.

I will put 3 rgb strips to have a gradient color effect in order to have a sunset effect:

• one violet behing my monitor
  • one purple behind my desk
  • one orange under my desk

I can connect these RGB strips to my motherboard buuuut in MSI Dragon Center I cannot set different color for each RGB strip. I can set only 1 color for all the rgb strips connected to the 12v headers on my motherboard.

How can I achieve this? I have a B450 Tomahawk Max. I think I need another controller but I am not able to find a solution.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, tony01 said:

Hello,

I'd like to put some rgbs under my desk and behind my monitor. I was looking for RGB led strips on aliexpress.

I will put 3 rgb strips to have a gradient color effect in order to have a sunset effect:

I can connect these RGB strips to my motherboard buuuut in MSI Dragon Center I cannot set different color for each RGB strip. I can set only 1 color for all the rgb strips connected to the 12v headers on my motherboard.

How can I achieve this? I have a B450 Tomahawk Max. I think I need another controller but I am not able to find a solution.

Thanks!

budget?

Just now, narrdarr said:

budget?

30$? Idk how much I need to do this. 5 meters rgb strip on aliexpress is like 10$.

at that price i think your best option is get 3 separate strips with there own controller or have the strips be a single color

18 hours ago, tony01 said:

Hello,

Thanks!

each strip has to have its own mb header or controller port.

if it HAS to be controlled with msi dragon then you would need to find an mb that has 3 mb headers.

if you dont need to use msi dragon then you can ether buy an manual controller or and internal usb controller and use it software. but keep in mind they dont tell you how long of strips to attach to the ports so they may not work. if we are talking rgb 12v strips then you would need a repetor to add in more power for the long strip that be wired from your psu or external power. if we are talking argb 5v then you can get the data from the port/mb and connect the positive and negative to your psu. they you can have as long as you want with in reason of cores haha

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links