Need help picking cpu, gpu and mb

HenrikTJ

Hi

So my friend talked me into setting up a parts list for him, but I dont know what to pick. Thats what you get for building a pc once I guess. 

He only wants to be able to play esports titles and battle royale stuff. He isnt interested in having the best specs, only what is necessary to run the games with stability on medium quality.

I believe I can derive the rest of the system based on the cpu, gpu and mb myself. 

Thx for your suggestions!

13 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

He only wants to be able to play esports titles and battle royale stuff. He isnt interested in having the best specs, only what is necessary to run the games with stability on medium quality.

budget?

maybe this, if you're buying in the US

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.99 @ Best Buy
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $94.99 @ B&H
Memory OLOy 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card ASRock Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Challenger D OC Video Card $385.99 @ B&H
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $735.96
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-08 14:44 EDT-0400  

but AMD's GPU announcement is coming at the end of this month and we might see new nvidia GPUs as well. not to mention, new CPU availability in november.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

budget?

maybe this, if you're buying in the US

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.99 @ Best Buy
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $94.99 @ B&H
Memory OLOy 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card ASRock Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Challenger D OC Video Card $385.99 @ B&H
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $735.96
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-08 14:44 EDT-0400  

but AMD's GPU announcement is coming at the end of this month and we might see new nvidia GPUs as well. not to mention, new CPU availability in november.

Very nice specs. I see the way I expressed myself in the post really didnt reflect what i meant to say. I appreciate your reply, but i will be making a new post with much more detailed info. Thank you anyways!

Hi

Im making a parts list for my friend, but need some help from someone with knowledge of older pc parts. The reason why neither he nor I could put this list together is because he knows nothing about pc parts and building, and I have built before, but only know the modern specs which he really doesnt need. He know this himself, which is why he wants a pc consisting of older parts. By getting older parts, he hopes to be able to save money on discontinued products or on the used market. He is interested in playing easily run esports titles, tac shooters and battle royales. 

I will not be providing any set budget, because I know prices and availability of older parts may vary. Im only interested in cpu-mobo-gpu combos that are older, yet can run these games with stability at low-medium quality. If it comes to the point of being cheaper/less of a hassle to rather go for more modern pc parts, then that is what we will do, but as far as modern parts go, I can manage to assemble a list myself.

Thanks for any and all suggestions! Please ask more questions if needed.

Ok so your build would actually not be very old because from the sounds of it his actual requirements are "a low end cheap machine" rather than a machine that is simply old.

You can get used office machines for 100-300$ pretty easy and they'll be speccd around previous gen i3-i7's with 8gb of ram ect.....

But you actually do have to give us a budget as we aren't going to list the thousands of options that exist under 300$

You would be better off going with newer stuff...If your friend really wants to play esports titles, its better to have more than not enough. 

Note: when I say newer stuff, I mean like a ryzen 500/nvidia 10xx series and an intel 7-9 gen or AMD 2nd gen. Are we on the same page or are you thinking older?

19 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

You would be better off going with newer stuff...If your friend really wants to play esports titles, its better to have more than not enough. 

Note: when I say newer stuff, I mean like a ryzen 500/nvidia 10xx series and an intel 7-9 gen or AMD 2nd gen. Are we on the same page or are you thinking older?

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

Ok so your build would actually not be very old because from the sounds of it his actual requirements are "a low end cheap machine" rather than a machine that is simply old.

You can get used office machines for 100-300$ pretty easy and they'll be speccd around previous gen i3-i7's with 8gb of ram ect.....

But you actually do have to give us a budget as we aren't going to list the thousands of options that exist under 300$

Alright, thank you for your help. It would seem I need to have a chat with my friend.