Headphone Amp for the BD DT990 Pro Headphones

I'm a bit new into this whole amp and high impedance headphone thing so I don't know much about it. I did a lot of research and found that the Schiit Magni 3+'s would be suitable for my case. This will be my first amp and I have a budget of around €100. I'm mainly using these for music production and critical listening so audio quality is a priority for me. Let me know if the Schiit Magni 3+ is good or maybe write any suggestions for other amps. I know most people are here for gaming related stuff but I'm NOT looking for something for gaming, I produce music and want serious answers from people who arre into this topic.

9 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Take a look at a JDS Atom

I took a look on that already. Since this will be my first one, I did some research and found that the Schiit Magni 3+ has overall a cleaner better sound and the build quality is better because it's out of aluminum. Do you have any experience with the Schiit Magni 3+?

monoprice liquid spark

quoting rice guru

best amp pairing is the monoprice liquid spark for the 990 IMo it's a warm amp and some treble roll off which helps smooth out the sharp treble. it's my got to recc for 990's or most beyers for under $150. you can just use an 3.5 mm adapter from the mobo to the amp. 

i got it per recommendation from rice guru for my dt990 and ofc i dont have any of the other amps to compare against but im really happy with it

11 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

monoprice liquid spark

quoting rice guru

i got it per recommendation from rice guru for my dt990 and ofc i dont have any of the other amps to compare against but im really happy with it

That's a pretty good value too as far as I can tell but the reason I'm getting the DT990 Pro's is it's natural and clean sounding frequency response and the amp I'm buying should be as natural sounding as possible so it doesn't hurt the frequency response of the headphones. That's why I chose the Schiity Magni 3+ instead of other value amps.

Edited by MrgoldyMusic
Added something.

1 hour ago, MrgoldyMusic said:

That's a pretty good value too as far as I can tell but the reason I'm getting the DT990 Pro's is it's natural and clean sounding frequency response and the amp I'm buying should be as natural sounding as possible so it doesn't hurt the frequency response of the headphones. That's why I chose the Schiity Magni 3+ instead of other value amps.

It's not exactly what I would call the most natural sounding headphone without the liquid spark the treble can be about much the magni 3+ is pretty good though has a lot of power if you can I would personally get the 880 600 ohm if you want something more natural sounding or the 600 ohm ,990. The liquid spark is my personal favorite as the treble on the 990 is a bit too sharp and I like the slightly improved bass response and mids but any value amp should be able to solve that. If you want natural sounding while the amp helps your headphone choice is the most important and to me the 990 isn't exactly the most natural sounding as it has a big midbass bump and the treble response is too sharp. 

The most natural or neutral sounding headphones in the price range to me are the HD 650, 6xx, 58x , 880 , tygr300r, akg k712,  if I stretch the budget out a bit the Sundara is excellent all neutral sounding but all have excellent timbre and natural tonality. I do love my 990 but for hip hop and modern genres and need the liquid spark to sound at all natural. The HD 560 I have yet to hear but some of my most trusted reviewers with the preferences of natural sounding headphones seem to be super impressed and really like it so I would take a look at those 

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

It's not exactly what I would call the most natural sounding headphone without the liquid spark the treble can be about much the magni 3+ is pretty good though has a lot of power if you can I would personally get the 880 600 ohm if you want something more natural sounding or the 600 ohm ,990. The liquid spark is my personal favorite as the treble on the 990 is a bit too sharp and I like the slightly improved bass response and mids but any value amp should be able to solve that. If you want natural sounding while the amp helps your headphone choice is the most important and to me the 990 isn't exactly the most natural sounding as it has a big midbass bump and the treble response is too sharp. 

The reason I'm so focused on this "natural sounding" thing is because the frequency response is quite similar to my headphones I use now and I don't wanna switch things up too much as I need really good headphones for mixing and mastering while I produce. I just checked for  Schiit Magni 3+ and sadly they are all out of stock and they aren't sold anywhere else. I found the Pro-Ject Box S2s. Are they also good sounding for the DT990 Pro's/do you have any experience with it?

EDIT: It's called the Pro-Ject Head Box S2

I've never heard it unfortunately. But if you want a neutral sounding amp the schiit heresy JD's labs atom or topping l30

22 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I've never heard it unfortunately. But if you want a neutral sounding amp the schiit heresy JD's labs atom or topping l30

Alright thanks for your help.