How the Spotify Shuffle works.

I apologize if this is in the wrong category, but without further adieu...

What nobody seems to have figured out is that how shuffle works is dependent on the repeat button. If the Repeat button is off the shuffle is a true shuffle where songs can be repeated. When the repeat button is on, a song can only be played once on that shuffle and then the shuffle playlist must be played in it's entirety before the song may be repeated. This is how the Shuffle has worked since around 2015 or so and at this point I am not convinced that Spotify even knows this because I have seen people complaining about this for so long and they somehow don't have a help article about it.

This was prompted by the latest WAN show.

I didn’t watch the show but shuffle on Spotify isn’t really a shuffle.

They take a selected group of songs out of your playlist and HEAVILY skew the “randomness” of shuffle towards that group of songs so they can pay fewer royalties.

I have a few large (1000+) playlists that will play the same 30 or so songs on shuffle every single time without fail. I’ll never hear the other thousand+ songs on the playlist unless I turn off shuffle.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Yeah I am fairly sure Spotify's "shuffle" is far from actually shuffled. I've noticed in any playlist I regularly listen too the same groups of songs play in the same order. It's actually super annoying, and it happends frequently enough that I find myself naturally humming the next song in "shuffle" before it even starts.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv