Anyone else playing Star Wars: Squadrons?

GamerBlake

It just released today and I’ve been playing it for a couple hours but I’m just wondering if anyone else is playing it because I’m stuck on a particular mission involving pesky Imperial shuttles. 😆 

Or if anyone is considering getting it, I would be happy to answer questions via PM.

Thanks!

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

did you get it on origin or epic? or somewhere else?

how is it looking so far? I was going to get it, but wait for a bit for the prices to go down and to see what shady money making strategy EA employs with this one.

I never get games as soon as they release. Today's developers are lazy and essentially charge full price for beta-testing, and from what I've read, it's a buggy mess. I'll probably get around to it when it goes on the cheap Origin Access/EA Play, or when it goes on sale. Hopefully by then there's decent joystick support.

35 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

did you get it on origin or epic? or somewhere else?

how is it looking so far? I was going to get it, but wait for a bit for the prices to go down and to see what shady money making strategy EA employs with this one.

I got it on Steam.

So far I’m enjoying it. It reminds me of the N64 game Star Fox with the whole flying in squadrons and destroying stuff.

The graphics are beautiful though! It makes it more immersive. Some people have complained about complicated controls but I’ve been playing with an X-Box controller and haven’t had any significant issues. If anything it makes it more realistic since flying an X-Wing or Tie Fighter would require pressing lots of different buttons.

Oh and most importantly: NO LOOT BOXES or P2W!

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

28 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I never get games as soon as they release. Today's developers are lazy and essentially charge full price for beta-testing, and from what I've read, it's a buggy mess. I'll probably get around to it when it goes on the cheap Origin Access/EA Play, or when it goes on sale. Hopefully by then there's decent joystick support.

I haven’t noticed any bugs in my 3 hours of play so far. 

6 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Have to agree, it's usually prudent to wait a week or two (minimum) and see how things stand.

5 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

I got it on Steam.

So far I’m enjoying it. It reminds me of the N64 game Star Fox with the whole flying in squadrons and destroying stuff.

The graphics are beautiful though! It makes it more immersive. Some people have complained about complicated controls but I’ve been playing with an X-Box controller and haven’t had any significant issues. If anything it makes it more realistic since flying an X-Wing or Tie Fighter would require pressing lots of different buttons.

Oh and most importantly: NO LOOT BOXES or P2W!

Do you find the fact it's only first person perspective an issue at all?

I know some people wanted it to be more like the Galactic Assault game modes in Battlfront, where first and third person perspectives were offered.

If I remember correctly, the developers felt like the first person viewpoint was the most immersive and compelling, hence the decision to stick with it as the sole perspective choice.

9 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Do you find the fact it's only first person perspective an issue at all?

I know some people wanted it to be more like the Galactic Assault game modes in Battlfront, where first and third person perspectives were offered.

If I remember correctly, the developers felt like the first person viewpoint was the most immersive and compelling, hence the decision to stick with it as the sole perspective choice.

For me that wasn’t an issue.

I wanted a game that gave me the most realistic and immersive experience in flying an X-Wing and Tie-Fighter and other SW ships and the only way to do that is in the first person perspective where the player is getting the same view as a pilot flying those ships would get.

1 hour ago, GamerBlake said:

For me that wasn’t an issue.

I wanted a game that gave me the most realistic and immersive experience in flying an X-Wing and Tie-Fighter and other SW ships and the only way to do that is in the first person perspective where the player is getting the same view as a pilot flying those ships would get.

Fair enough.

That makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Fair enough.

That makes sense. 

Yeah that’s just my opinion.

Some people don’t like it being too realistic.

Same with the complicated control system requiring all sorts of different button pressing. A lot of people hate it. But I like it because if you watch Star Wars the pilots are pressing all sorts of buttons so to me it’s just more realism.

Basically I would say this game is the closest thing in the modern day to actually flying an X-Wing or Tie Fighter.

Even more so in VR!

5 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

Yeah that’s just my opinion.

Some people don’t like it being too realistic.

Same with the complicated control system requiring all sorts of different button pressing. A lot of people hate it. But I like it because if you watch Star Wars the pilots are pressing all sorts of buttons so to me it’s just more realism.

Basically I would say this game is the closest thing in the modern day to actually flying an X-Wing or Tie Fighter.

Even more so in VR!

I've heard it's fantastic in VR.

The immersion you must get with a flight stick and VR is worth the entire fee alone.