Replacing case fans with RGB fans from Corsair and replacing my H100x fans with 2*120mm LL120 RGB fans, how do I need to set it up?

Tyuzo
Go to solution Solved by narrdarr,

The LL fans will have 2 cables on them.

1 for controlling the lighting (rgb)

1 for  controlling the fans speeds 

You will connect the rgb wires to the rgb hub then to the lighting node.( Hub maybe bypassed if the lighting node has enough ports for how many fans you have.) 

The fan wires are standard and you can connect the as you please. I'd recommend that the 2 fan on the rad get connected to the pump just as before. The rest can be connected to the fan hub. But everything on the fan hub will operate at the same. If you want to control the speed for those fans independently then connect them to the motherboard

Hello everyone. This is the first time I'm installing custom fans for my PC, so please bear that in mind as I have no prior knowledge on how to do this.

I'm buying a Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm 3-pack and 2*140mm LL140 RGB fans for the front of my case. Two of the 120mm fans will be replacing the fans of my top-mounted H100x AIO, and the last 120mm will be replacing my exhaust fan that came with my PC case.

The LL120 RGB 3-pack comes with a Corsair Lightning Node Pro and RGB Fan LED Hub.

My question is; do I connect all the fans except for the ones that attach to my radiator to the RGB hub, and the AIO fans the motherboard? or do I attach every single fan to the RGB hub?
Also, it seems my case (Svive S650, an in-house brand from the retailer) has a fan hub installed, do I swap this out with the new fan hub from Corsair as all my fans will now be directly from Corsair? Thank you in advance for the help!

Items:
LL140 (buying two of these):

i9-10900k | ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC | 32GB RAM @ 3200MHz

You will need to use the RGB hub from Corsair at the very least as their RGB is proprietary to their hardware (its simply wired differently but for the sake of simplicity let's go with this answer for now)

For the fans, I would recommend having the "case fans (front and rear) be controlled via the same CHA_FAN or SYS_Fan header on your motherboard (your motherboard should have one or the other scattered across the edges), and use either the Corsair controller or a splitter on the CPU_FAN header to control the Top (RAD) fans. This way, those can fans can spin up or slow down based on CPU temps. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

You will connect the rgb wires to the rgb hub then to the lighting node.( Hub maybe bypassed if the lighting node has enough ports for how many fans you have.) 

The fan wires are standard and you can connect the as you please. I'd recommend that the 2 fan on the rad get connected to the pump just as before. The rest can be connected to the fan hub. But everything on the fan hub will operate at the same. If you want to control the speed for those fans independently then connect them to the motherboard

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Perfect, this is what I was looking for. Thank you!

i9-10900k | ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC | 32GB RAM @ 3200MHz