Cheapest Build Ever (Budget < $330)

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
2 minutes ago, Mercent Perrault said:

So, I was thinking of getting a gaming PC with the following specs but lacked the finances to do so.

1) AMD Ryzen 9 3900X or Intel Core-i9 10900K (The best chips you can buy as of September 2020)

2) Nvidia GeForce RTX 30XX

3) Asus X570-E or Asus Maximus XII Extreme 

4) G.Skill 32GB TridentZ DDR4-3200 RGB (4x8GB) (More than enough memory for 8K content)

5) Sabrent Rocket Q 4TB (2x2) (More than enough space for 2-3 8K games)

6) Corsair AX1600i (More than enough power for Ampere)

7) Corsair Obsidian 1000D (More than enough space for Ampere)

😎 NZXTKraken X62 (More than enough cooling for any CPU which is gonna be put in a build with an Ampere card in it)

So, I needed a PC which I could actually afford. So, I searched for a while and I came up with this build.

1) Asus GeForce GT 710 2GB GDDR5

2) AMD Ryzen 3 3220G

3) Asus EX-A320M 

4) Crucial Ballistix 2666 MHz DDR3 DRAM

5) PNY CS900 240GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD

6) I already have a brand new 2TB Seagate Internal HDD

7) Deepcool Matrexx 30 Compact M-ATX

😎 Thermaltake TR2 S 650W PSU

So, this is where I need your help my fellow PC building enthusiasts.

Help me determine if this “bare minimum” PC will work fine for light gaming, light video editing, basically light everything.

Your feedback is much needed.

Thank you.

Ok so:

No need for that gt 710 your cpu has integrated graphics that are A LOT better than a gt 710

The board kinda sorta really sucks

I think your ram is mislabeled as it says ddr3 but at ddr4 speeds. Either way make sure it's a kit so the ram is in a 2x4gb config for dual channel you NEED this. Also the faster the better

Ssd is not good but if that is what you can get then so be it

Case is ok

Psu is bad

So, I was thinking of getting a gaming PC with the following specs but lacked the finances to do so.

1) AMD Ryzen 9 3900X or Intel Core-i9 10900K (The best chips you can buy as of September 2020)

4) G.Skill 32GB TridentZ DDR4-3200 RGB (4x8GB) (More than enough memory for 8K content)

😎 NZXT Kraken X62 (More than enough cooling for any CPU which is gonna be put in a build with an Ampere card in it)

So, I needed a PC which I could actually afford. So, I searched for a while and I came up with this build.

2) AMD Ryzen 3 3220G

3) Asus EX-A320M 

For some reason, the #8 keeps getting transformed into a 😎, so, apologies.

Help me determine if this “bare minimum” PC will work fine for light gaming, light video editing, basically light everything.

As I've read your comments, I've come to understand that the 710 is the opposite of OP, so then, can you guys suggest builds which will cost $350 or less?

I got the ideas for parts from this blog.

https://techguided.com/budget-gaming-pcs/#6

I chose the Entry Level $300 Gaming PC.

Thank you.

Edited by Mercent Perrault

3 minutes ago, Mercent Perrault said:

2) AMD Ryzen 3 3220G

The video card built into the AMD CPU is probably better than the GT 710.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Mercent Perrault said:

😎 NZXTKraken X62 (More than enough cooling for any CPU which is gonna be put in a build with an Ampere card in it)

2) AMD Ryzen 3 3220G

3) Asus EX-A320M 

Thank you.

Ok so:

No need for that gt 710 your cpu has integrated graphics that are A LOT better than a gt 710

The board kinda sorta really sucks

I think your ram is mislabeled as it says ddr3 but at ddr4 speeds. Either way make sure it's a kit so the ram is in a 2x4gb config for dual channel you NEED this. Also the faster the better

Ssd is not good but if that is what you can get then so be it

Case is ok

Psu is bad

That GPU is worthless.

I would STRONGLY suggest you go used. If not, get rid of the 710, and get a better motherboard and PSU.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

The video card built into the AMD CPU is probably better than the GT 710.

probably? its at least five times better

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Also the faster the better

To a point, RAM speeds do affect gaming, but only in small ways, a few FPS at best, given the budget restraints, faster RAM will not help much.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

lol, the igpu is better than that gppu.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The igpu is about 2,5 times as good.

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

probably? its at least five times better

Which one guys? 🤣

Either way, I belive the point was made, repeatedly, the GT 710 isn't very good for gaming.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

To a point, RAM speeds do affect gaming, but only in small ways, a few FPS at best, given the budget restraints, faster RAM will not help much.

This is more about the igpu being used here. The difference between 2666 and 3600 for ryzen is about 5% I'm aware but in the graphics department it does a lot more.

they do greatly affect the preformance of a ryzen igpu.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Which one guys? 🤣

Either way, I belive the point was made, repeatedly, the GT 710 isn't very good for gaming.

Looked at some reviews and it is around the 250% faster mark. Depending on the memory configuration.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-GT-710-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-8-Ryzen-iGPU/m77649vsm441833

Vega 8 iGPU is about 200% faster than a GT 710 according to UserBenchmark. 

The SSD ain't any good without DRAM. Especially for gaming purposes. I suggest a MX500 or Samsung 860 from personal experience. (Don't get a WD Green SSD, if you do go WD, go for WD Blue)

And that PSU don't look too good. Also too much wattage. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

1 minute ago, knockless said:

Get rid of the GT 710 and get a SSD

He has an SSD, it is just DRAMless. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

You should go down the true and tested path of buying an Optiplex and a low-power GPU, such as the 1650, which doesn't require PCIE power connector.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

You should go down the true and tested path of buying an Optiplex and a low-power GPU, such as the 1650, which doesn't require PCIE power connector.

optiplexs went up in value because of all those videos about the optiplex being good for gaming but something like the hp compaq 8300 which has a 3rd gen i7 is really good and a lot cheaper

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv