Should I buy the RTX 3070 or RTX 3080?

Go to solution Solved by Beowulff83,
14 minutes ago, MrDBD said:

I plan to game for the next four years at at least 1440p, preferably 4k

Go 3080 and don't look back as long as you have the $$ for it.

22 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

certain RTX 3080's with capacitor issues that will need to be corrected soon...I would personally wait a couple months until it's resolved. 

agreed

Which one should I buy, RTX 3070 or RTX 3080?

I'm mostly only gonna play games like rocket league, F1 2020, Forza Horizon 4, Minecraft RTX and some other small games.

I really want to know if it is worth paying the £200 extra.

PLEASE HELP ME!

If you were gonna play the same games that I do, would you buy the RTX 3070 or RTX 3080?

3070 seems to fit the bill just fine for the games you play.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Yeah, that's why I'm having such a hard time deciding

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

RTX 3070 isn't even available yet, so no exact benchmark results are in.

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

RTX 3070 isn't even available yet, so no exact benchmark results are in.

This and the release of certain RTX 3080's with capacitor issues that will need to be corrected soon...I would personally wait a couple months until it's resolved. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

But then it will be black friday and Christmas and thats probably gonna take all of Nvidia's stock.

What resolution do you plan to game at for the next 4 years?

Do you want to play Minecraft with ray-tracing?

What are your other system specs?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, MrDBD said:

But then it will be black friday and Christmas and thats probably gonna take all of Nvidia's stock.

there aren't going to be big price cuts on any 30 series gpu during black friday.

they're so new that they will still sell for full price

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Yeah, I wanna play Minecraft with ray-tracing and I plan to game for the next four years at at least 1440p, preferably 4k. My other system specs are...

CPU = Intel i7-10700K
GPU = Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
RAM = 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

there aren't going to be big price cuts on any 30 series gpu during black friday.

Yep I thought that too

3 minutes ago, MrDBD said:

Well than I think you know your decision on this one. 

Just now, flashiling said:

Yeah I don't expect to see any discounts on the new 30 series especially for the holiday season since they are so new, unless they bundle the price with some other component. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Well then I guess I'll just wait for my birthday in February to buy it

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well than I think you know your decision on this one. 

Yeah I don't expect to see any discounts on the new 30 series especially for the holiday season since they are so new, unless they bundle the price with some other component. 

12 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Oh and btw your in this video.image.thumb.png.6108a38574ae54cb231a322712ce4666.png

14 minutes ago, MrDBD said:

I plan to game for the next four years at at least 1440p, preferably 4k

Go 3080 and don't look back as long as you have the $$ for it.

22 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

certain RTX 3080's with capacitor issues that will need to be corrected soon...I would personally wait a couple months until it's resolved. 

agreed

16 minutes ago, MrDBD said:

Yeah, I wanna play Minecraft with ray-tracing and I plan to game for the next four years at at least 1440p, preferably 4k. My other system specs are...

CPU = Intel i7-10700K
RAM = 16GB DDR4

That CPU won't bottleneck the 3080, and at 4K, you'll probably want the 3080's additional performance sooner or later.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

3 hours ago, MrDBD said:

CPU = Intel i7-10700K
RAM = 16GB DDR4

And your monitor?