When did LTT stop doing uploads on the same day as the WAN show?

WillOfTheLand

I've noticed this for a while now but never really put any thought into when the change happened. Was it to cut back on the video workload with covid?

They do techlink. But Linus talks about scheduling of his Linus Media videos on the last want show

Its far older than covid. Probably over 5 years ago. I think they were back in the house or even before that.

Its about posting video per day for LTT channel. If WAN is posted on channel, it counts as video. So there's no need to have extra. They had short period where they posted extra sponsored video on Fridays, but those were almost always really bad overall. Some golden, mostly bad.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As a slight aside, but still relevant, I've always thought that daily content is a bit much. Makes it pretty hard for me to keep up with what a channel is doing.

Sweet spot is about 2 videos per week IMO but depends on the length

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

50 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Its far older than covid. Probably over 5 years ago. I think they were back in the house or even before that.

Its about posting video per day for LTT channel. If WAN is posted on channel, it counts as video. So there's no need to have extra. They had short period where they posted extra sponsored video on Fridays, but those were almost always really bad overall. Some golden, mostly bad.

I went back through the channel about 5 years (took a hot minute, stupid "one" design with it's infinite scrolling instead of pages) and it looks like you're right, but also wrong, 5 years ago they didn't do same day uploads but at the start of 2016 (funny enough that's when I started watching the channel) to just recently there have been same day uploads as WAN. Some were just reviews but a lot of the videos seem to be the genuine tech videos. Maybe with moving a lot of the "ad" content over to short circuit there was just empty space so they decided to let WAN have it's own day altogether. Could have answered my own question to when but that would require going through looking at ever WAN show for the last year, may have watched em, don't feel like doing it twice.