Is my hard drive about to die.

The Torrent
1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

I'm told these are bad sounds. It's a 1 year old seagate barracuda. It's always made these sounds.

If you're writing to it, then these sounds seem normal. Do you notice that your HDD is really slow ? Have you tried installing CrystalDiskInfo and checking if it says good/caution/bad ?

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

4 minutes ago, Void Master said:

If you're writing to it, then these sounds seem normal. Do you notice that your HDD is really slow ? Have you tried installing CrystalDiskInfo and checking if it says good/caution/bad ?

i second that sounds like normal use if something is reading/writing . and on alot of newer drives software like CrystalDiskInfo is great as the drives can report there own states good/bad

CPU = Intel i9-9900ks , Mobo = ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 , Ram = HyperX Predator Black 64GB kit 3333MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP ,
GPU = GeForce GTX 2080 Ti , Case = Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full Tower , Boot-Drive = Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD ,
HDD = 2 x 2TB , 2 x 4TB , PSU = Rosewill Photon 1200w 80+ Gold modular , Monitor = MSI MAG271C , CPU Cooler Master ML360R

4 minutes ago, Void Master said:

its been working fine like this for a while now but theres people in the discord server telling me that quote

the TRGRTGRT sound, rattling, if any hdd user hears this they RUN to the store and get a replacement. you're not suppost to hear anything from your hdd unless you place your ear on it

Mine is pretty loud i can hear it across the room easily. Running crystal disk now.

Just now, The Torrent said:

its been working fine like this for a while now but theres people in the discord server telling me that quote

Mine is pretty loud i can hear it across the room easily. Running crystal disk now.

Well I had several Seagate HDDs and all of them are loud. (especially 7200RPM ones)

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

3 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Well I had several Seagate HDDs and all of them are loud. (especially 7200RPM ones)

How does this look?

image.png.f8e82e4a19cdf3b9402412f635aed076.png

5 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Running crystal disk now.

Crystaldiskinfo, not Crystaldiskmark.

Crystaldiskmark results seem very decent.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Crystaldiskinfo, not Crystaldiskmark.

Crystaldiskmark results seem very decent.

image.png.9a84dca1b062b2b782efc5a19961b01f.pngheres info

It's 2020...we're all about to die.

Drive seems a bit loud to me...but that's likely a function of the video.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Everything, including the "noise" is absolutelly normal with this drive in my opinion.

Edit - too soon ... there are some error rates too high.

How does this look?

This is CrystalDiskMark, it's used to measure speeds. You need to get CrystalDiskInfo.

But your speeds are decent for an HDD, as HDDs get much slower when they start relocating sectors

heres info

Press "Fuction" on the top tool bar, then go to Advanced feature, raw values and set it to 10[DEC] then report back.

2 minutes ago, Void Master said:

This is CrystalDiskMark, it's used to measure speeds. You need to get CrystalDiskInfo.

But your speeds are decent for an HDD, as HDDs get much slower when they start relocating sectors

Press "Fuction" on the top tool bar, then go to Advanced feature, raw values and set it to 10[DEC] then report back.

image.png.af59e80b430191d54d7e1d737f1896d7.png

-snip-

Your HDD is good, you don't need to worry. It should last you for years to come. (unless you drop it)

5 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Your HDD is good, you don't need to worry. It should last you for years to come. (unless you drop it)

I thought it was good too, but "read error rate" and "seek error rate" seem high in DEC.

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I thought it was good too, but "read error rate" and "seek error rate" seem high in DEC.

I am sure it's related to SMART calculations, I had several Seagate HDDs and all off them have crazy values all over the place. One of the early signs that an HDD is dying is the "Current Pending Sector Count", so I guess he shouldn't be worried. What's hard about smart analysis is that you don't know what values and right and what are dummies. But most probably his HDD is good.

6 hours ago, Void Master said:

I once had a seaggate HDD reporting errors in crystal disk info after 3 years of use. And even though I saw failure rate statistics, I didn't think it would die. It died within a year.

Come to think of it. Crystal disk info data is hard to make sense of. It always says good health even when read error rate clearly exceeds treshold.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.