LTT should include AI benchmarks in their reviews of GPUs

AusCyberman

i'm only just getting into AI but i would really appreciate if LTT included AI training of models in their GPU comparisons. For example, training a Transformer model or Computer Vision model and comparing the times between the GPUs. Testing performance between using Tensor Cores and no Tensor Cores. This would really help people that use AI or just people in general to see how affective Tensor Cores are.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, AusCyberman said:

i'm only just getting into AI but i would really appreciate if LTT included AI training of models in their GPU comparisons. For example, training a Transformer model or Computer Vision model and comparing the times between the GPUs. Testing performance between using Tensor Cores and no Tensor Cores. This would really help people that use AI or just people in general to see how affective Tensor Cores are.

Thanks

How?  Different apps would work in different ways.  Would have to be ( and might already be) included in some benchmark or other.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 hours ago, AusCyberman said:

Thanks

Considering howw niche that is, even among the niche that is the people that care about GPUs and also watch Linus, it's probably worth at most a single video. It would still be interesting to see.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Yeah, but only if Kizuna AI does the tests!

Linus goes anime, I personally can't wait! :D

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 9/27/2020 at 8:04 PM, Bombastinator said:

How?  Different apps would work in different ways.  Would have to be ( and might already be) included in some benchmark or other.

i doubt that normal benchmarks include AI benchmarks. A PyTorch or Tensorflow example model could be run using Tensor cores  and compare the training times

14 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Considering howw niche that is, even among the niche that is the people that care about GPUs and also watch Linus, it's probably worth at most a single video. It would still be interesting to see.

it is pretty niche but also a clear defined difference and advantage that tensor cores have. and the difference. like a lot of people would be interested

57 minutes ago, AusCyberman said:

it is pretty niche but also a clear defined difference and advantage that tensor cores have. and the difference. like a lot of people would be interested

A lot must be measured in percentages of viewership.  If “a lot” is a tiny percentage it would hurt viewership rather than help it.  If “a lot” is a large percentage it would possibly help though.  One would assume there are other you tubers doing these kinds of tests.  If there is not, perhaps there is a market niche. How big of one I don’t know.  If it’s too small it might explain why there isn’t one. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.