Should I build a new system or buy a new GPU?

Pumba217

Hi,

So I currently have a 4770k, Noctua CPU cooler, 16gb DDR3 Corsair ram, GTX 770, 128gbSSD for boot and 600W corsair PSU.

It is now 6 years old and i just play games and have upgraded to a 1440p 144hz monitor and want to harness all that goodness.

Is my CPU/Ram combo good atm and will it bottlneck a 2070 or 3070? Or should I build a new PC altogether. Most likely go Ryzen CPU.

Cheers

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

depends on what budget you have and what games you play

you could go with a GPU upgrade first, then up the CPU if it's not up to snuff for what you want.

the 4770k is still ok for games, tho some require more cpu core and freq

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 hours ago, Moonzy said:

depends on what budget you have and what games you play

you could go with a GPU upgrade first, then up the CPU if it's not up to snuff for what you want.

the 4770k is still ok for games, tho some require more cpu core and freq

Yeah makes sense. For me its most AAA games. Getting back into gaming after a few years

Horizon zero dawn looks good although i heard optimization is bad

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

1 minute ago, Pumba217 said:

Horizon zero dawn

tenor.gif

yea it's badly ported

most AAA games are fine, you can upgrade your CPU if you think it's not good enough anytime

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

tenor.gif

yea it's badly ported

most AAA games are fine, you can upgrade your CPU if you think it's not good enough anytime

yeah im thinking that too, thanks mate