Gtx 760 sli vs gtx 780 ti

Simply nacho

I currently have 2 gtx 760's 4gb....Would it be worth it upgrading to a 780 ti? Or should I stick with the 760's a bit longer?

Stick with them. Not worth the overhead. :)

Almost all games support SLI now a days.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

760 SLI is plenty, stick with it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I currently have 2 gtx 760's 4gb....... One of my friends is offering me a 780 ti for both my cards...... I dont know much about this stuff so can somebody help me out?

I think you should take it, one excellent card is better than two OK cards, but this is assuming you wouldn't have to pay something extra. If you would have to pay money, I think you should stay with the 760s.

Spoiler

I would do that.

One card over two, if performance is the same.

The 780ti also gives you a chance to upgrade later.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Double post :P

But go for one strong vs two weak.

Also, it gives you a chance to get a second 780ti later :D

Stick with the SLI. Stick with them until you feel they're getting sluggish. My 680 is still going strong with games at ultra and I have no intention of upgrading any time soon :)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Sorry about the double post...... It gave me an error message when I tried to post it so I clicked on it again and it posted it twice:(

I currently have 2 gtx 760's 4gb....Would it be worth it upgrading to a 780 ti? Or should I stick with the 760's a bit longer?

Depending on what resolution you're running, why bother even asking this question?

On 1080p the two GPUs should last for another 2 years. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

780 ti it  will be better

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

My only problem with it is that he had the reference model...... I heard that the cooling it has isn't really that great..... I have the windforce models for my 760's so they stay nice and cool.

I currently only have 1 1080 p monitor but I am planning to get 3 in the near future

For the 760's it's gigabyte

For the 780 ti is evga

I don't know about the 780ti but my reference cooler on my 660 keeps it at 75 degrees under load while still overclocked.

Okay thanks... I think imma go for it..... One more quick question.... Which do you think is faster between the two in terms of gaming?

If you already have them then stick with them. If you were to decide to buy 2x 760 or 1x 780 ti I would say go for 780 ti but it is pointless to change them now. It would be just waste of money for no greater benefits.

Okay ill just stick with my 760's for now..... One last question.... Which do you think is better in terms of gaming?

Okay thanks... I think imma go for it..... One more quick question.... Which do you think is faster between the two in terms of gaming?

Looks like no one else is replying, so ill step in with my extremely limited knowledge :). I think the 780 Ti would be very close to the SLI 760's though i would guess that the 780 Ti would even pull ahead in some circumstances. But then you have all the problems of SLI. they would probably be within a 25% Margin max.

RIG: Processor: Intel Core i3 4130 MoBo: ASUS H81M-PLUS RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Storage: 1TB WD Blue PSU: 450W Cooler Master OEM CASE: Corsair 350D