High end PC running games terribly(yes, terribly)[SOLVED, kind of]

angusfigra

I built my new pc a couple weeks ago and I have been running into an unusual problem and i just can't fix it. I need help.

When  i launch cs go after i just restarted the pc it runs smotthly at 200+ fps, however 20 seconds or so after i join a match the game gets really choppy and slow with 20-40 fps max. The thing is  that if isnt thermal throttling because ive been looking at the temps, but the cpu and gpu run at 2 - 20% at all times. The cpu and gpu are running at 30 -50 C at all times, never getting higher. I have a similar issue on League; it runs at 20-40 fps but my graphics card is running at 2% usage and cpu at like 20%.

I have tried everything, I have reinstalled windows (although with the custom installation in which it doesn't delete your files). 

I know the gpu and cpu are not foulty, cause when i run fur mark and cpu burner ther do work and they use 100% performance on task manager.

PC specs:

Intel core i9900K

Meg z390 Ace

32 gigs of ddr4

EVGA RTX 2080 Super

WD 1tb nvme

Edit 1: There are some games that do run good and use 100% of gpu, for example Battlefield 1 runs at 70 ish fps on ultra at 2560 x 1440.

Edit 2: Welp I tried everything but it didnt work so i nuked my os and did a clean install. It's working good now! Thanks everybody for the help and I hope you have a nice week!!

To reinstall windows properly, you'll need to do it with a USB stick

That said, you can try using DDU and reinstalling the GPU driver before nuking your OS with a format

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

This is just a quick question: Did you make sure you plugged the monitor cable into the GPU and not the motherboard? Since that's what sounds like what is happening, especially with such low GPU usage while the CPU is higher.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

You might have plugged the display cable into the motherboard

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

This is to answer everyone: my mobo doesn't even have a video output xd 

My Displayport cable is coming from my gpu to my monitor

27 minutes ago, Kanna said:

You might have plugged the display cable into the motherboard

I dont think you could hit 70 fps on ultra for battlefield 1 with the onboard graphics :P 

Try fully reinstalling windows (with a stick) You could mess about and try other things but this is usually a quick solution to most things. 

4 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

I dont think you could hit 70 fps on ultra for battlefield 1 with the onboard graphics :P 

Try fully reinstalling windows (with a stick) You could mess about and try other things but this is usually a quick solution to most things. 

True 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Hmm, bad directx install?

Synthetic loads are ok, is it just those 2 games you've tried?

Maybe try a full fat AAA title.

7 minutes ago, Zat0ichi said:

Hmm, bad directx install?

Synthetic loads are ok, is it just those 2 games you've tried?

Maybe try a full fat AAA title.

With Battlefield 1 on ultra it runs at 70fps steady and it uses 80 - 100% of gpu and 40% ish cpu

Try monitoring CPU clock speeds during gameplay. I've seen some reports of some Intel CPUs mysteriously running at 800MHz all of a sudden.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 hours ago, angusfigra said:

With Battlefield 1 on ultra it runs at 70fps steady and it uses 80 - 100% of gpu and 40% ish cpu

That sounds normal.

So csgo is an old game engine and rocket league is UE3. I guess you have game specific issues nor system.

Try another UE3 and Source game?

But you are dealing with high framerate gaming which I have never had to deal with.