Best Laptop for University Student £1000

I have a budget of £1000 to spend on a new laptop it will be mainly used for studying, needs to be able to handle a stressful office workload, normal to have 20 tabs open. it needs to have a decent battery life do that it can last a full day of university.

I have been looking at the HP envy x360 15.6 R7 4700u which is £900 but the only concern I have is the 250 nits display with 45% NTSC compared to the 13 inch model which is 300nits but 72% NTSC but it costs £1000. I am also open to other suggestions as long as it is £1000 or below and available to buy in the UK.

8 minutes ago, Bionicx said:

I have a budget of £1000 to spend on a new laptop it will be mainly used for studying, needs to be able to handle a stressful office workload, normal to have 20 tabs open. it needs to have a decent battery life do that it can last a full day of university.

I have been looking at the HP envy x360 15.6 R7 4700u which is £900 but the only concern I have is the 250 nits display with 45% NTSC compared to the 13 inch model which is 300nits but 72% NTSC but it costs £1000. I am also open to other suggestions as long as it is £1000 or below and available to buy in the UK.

Do you have any particular software requirements?

A 250-nit display wouldn't be terrible, it just wouldn't be great for use in places with bright outdoor light (not much of a problem given the pandemic!). The colour accuracy is another matter... it won't matter too much if you're just working in Google Docs or Office, but it won't be so hot if you need to edit images or care about the quality of your Netflix and YouTube videos.

I wish I could point you to the Dell XPS 15, but it costs well above that 1K mark in the UK.

7 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I wish I could point you to the Dell XPS 15, but it costs well above that 1K mark in the UK.

Not sure how the market is in the UK, but I have had great experience buying used laptops

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

57 minutes ago, Bionicx said:

What is it going to be used for (software) if this is just office + web stuff then you can get away with having a really budget end laptop and colour accuracy doesn't matter then.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

What is it going to be used for (software) if this is just office + web stuff then you can get away with having a really budget end laptop and colour accuracy doesn't matter then.

It's going to be used for office stuff but with my legal work and studies my older i5 laptop couldn't cope with the work load and sometimes I'll use it for Netflix etc

13 hours ago, Bionicx said:

It's going to be used for office stuff but with my legal work and studies my older i5 laptop couldn't cope with the work load and sometimes I'll use it for Netflix etc

Which i5 though? That can be anything from a near 10 year old dual code to an 8th gen quad, and how much RAM does it have? What is a “stressful” office workload to you? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?