IFTTT announces their Pro plan

I have just received a newsletter in my inbox from IFTTT promoting their new "Pro" plan which now features some long-waited functions such as multiple triggers and actions and the ability to write your own JavaScript code to filter data and based on the result cancel the action.

The drawbacks, if don't get the Pro version you will only get to create 3 "personal" applets. It's unclear what is going to happen to the applets you have already made. 

I'm now trialing the Pro version for 2 USD a month, you can set your own price for the first year and 2 USD was the least amount, so I only gave them 2 USD, because I'm that cheap. :)

I'm wondering what you guys think about these changes.

Edited by mrvp
added youtube video

Holy crap, 10 dollars a month if you want more than 3 applets?

That's terrible. They have ruined their free service.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

That's terrible.

yeeeah okay 10usd is alot for that. 2 sounds alot better :)
i do get they need some sort of income.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

That's terrible. They have ruined their free service.

Well I mean to be fair their free service was unsustainable and I've always avoided IFTTT because they had no clear business model.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

@mrvp

Your thread has been moved out of the Tech News section (to Programs, Apps and Websites). Your thread is missing several of the requirements for this section, and overall sounds more like general discussion topic than actual news. If you want to post into Tech News section in future, please follow the guidelines and preferably use the template available.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

@mrvp

Your thread has been moved out of the Tech News section (to Programs, Apps and Websites). Your thread is missing several of the requirements for this section, and overall sounds more like general discussion topic than actual news. If you want to post into Tech News section in future, please follow the guidelines and preferably use the template available.

Ok, dude, sorry.

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well I mean to be fair their free service was unsustainable and I've always avoided IFTTT because they had no clear business model.

Apparently businesses had to pay for it, which is how they have sustained themselves up until now. 

Ive been using IFTTT for years now. I understand that they have to monetize somehow but limiting free users to just 3 custom applets is extreme. If you check playstore reviews, most everyone is giving them crap about it. I wouldnt be surprised if they changed the 3 applet limit.