Radiator fans?

Go to solution Solved by skullbringer,

Scythe Gentle Typhoons or Noctua NF-F12s

Hello all!

I'm working on some water cooling plans (wrong sub forum eh? :P )

I need fans for my Radiator [Fans make this the right sub forum right?], and aesthetics aren't an issue (HAF Stacker means they're hidden).

What are the best Static Pressure fans (If it's not a solid answer, what are my options?)

I was looking at Gelid Wings for the case fans, and I wasn't sure about the rad fans. (Using Monsta 80mm thick Radiators)

Please and thank you for all help! :D

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

So, I really like the Typhoons, but all of the listing on Amazon (US) say "Case fan". Is that Amazon being non-techy, or are there different ones?

Holy crap! NF-F12's are 25 bucks PER! When you need 18... That adds up lol...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Agentle+typhoon&keywords=gentle+typhoon&ie=UTF8&qid=1394160983

Thats the Amazon link for a search of Gentile Typhoon. All say Case fan (and one thats 4k RPM [Noisssyyyy])

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Price range?

Noctua NF-F12

Noise Blocker Eloops

Silverstone AP123

Scythe GT

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Price range?

Noctua NF-F12

Noise Blocker Eloops

Silverstone AP123

Scythe GT

I need 18, so I want under 300 dollars for all, but if it's a definitive winner, I can go up to like 350-400.

Wait for the Noctua Black essence fans :P
btw you want eighteen fans is that for a push pull configuration?
also if you have only half the amount + in pull it would reduce the dust build up and hassle of cleaning & lower rpm for somewhat greater overall pressure

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Wait for the Noctua Black essence fans :P

One, looks don't matter ;P

Two, if they price the same as the NF-F12's, they're 25 bucks per (400+dollars for my needs)

that is why i updated it and said buy half the quantity

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

that is why i updated it and said buy half the quantity

The reason for Push/pull is the radiators are 2-3 times thicker than a normal rad. It's an 80mm thick radiator.

Are the Gentle Typhoons listed on Amazon Case fans, or are they the right ones?

-snip-

Around 20 bucks a fan at max.

Are the Gentle Typhoons listed on Amazon Case fans, or are they the right ones?

when theyre 120mm you can mount them to either a cse or a rad. All fans can be categorized "case fans", so yeah, they are the right ones

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

even though your radiator is that thick doesnt require so many fans
take a look at Tiny Tom Logan"s Video playist under Orca on Youtube + i think that it is ridiculous to have eighteen fans in an entire system even for watercooling

even though your radiator is that thick doesnt require so many fans

take a look at Tiny Tom Logan"s Video playist under Orca on Youtube + i think that it is ridiculous to have eighteen fans in an entire system even for watercooling

I've seen Orca. :)

I want to be able to crank them down. I agree with your statement, I'm not trying to argue... It's part for the overkill, and part for noise.

I'm going to go with the Typhoons :)

Thanks all.

I've seen Orca. :)

I want to be able to crank them down. I agree with your statement, I'm not trying to argue... It's part for the overkill, and part for noise.

I'm going to go with the Typhoons :)

Thanks all.

I guess you are right I was about to go on a rant lol but erm yeah whatever can satisfy your needs was gonna also link in his video about the aio cooler from corsair + the forty fans he added onto the radiator >_>

I guess you are right I was about to go on a rant lol but erm yeah whatever can satisfy your needs was gonna also link in his video about the aio cooler from corsair + the forty fans he added onto the radiator >_>

Was quite the amazing set up :P