MY EYES HAVE BEEN OPENED!

SNerd7

I have had a ps4 since 2014 and I have been in love with the graphics on it. I thought it, outside of resolution, it was the best it could get this gen. 

Then I built a PC. 

Holy Linus' beard was I wrong. 

Marvel's Avengers in 4k on Ultra literally made feel like I have been asleep for the past 2 years. I had no idea that there was still such a huge gap in graphical quality. I was anxiously anticipating "Next Gen" Console graphics when they have been on PC the entire time. 

People really don't know to what extent they are limited visually on console. Youtube comparison vids don't do it justice. With the announcement of the 30 series rtx cards, it's highly likely that this will continue to be the case with the PS5/SeriesX  

I say ALL of this to say, 

Holy sh*& PC gaming rocks. 

1 minute ago, PonyBoyZ_ said:

Enjoy also emulators and other stuff you can do on pc rather than just games 

True. 

Btw. Extra points for the classic Khabib gif lol

i mean, you're also paying way more for the hardware, so...

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

i mean, you're also paying way more for the hardware, so...

True but in my opinion it's worth it. My point though was that I didn't think that level of graphical quality was possible on any platform yet. 

Boy was I blind. 

Just now, PonyBoyZ_ said:

This is number 1 bullshit. But really I wish to have half the discipline and faith that man has what a guy. 

Indeed. Sucked to see him lose his dad but I think he will still get it done vs. Gaethje. 

Just now, PonyBoyZ_ said:

What finally convinces you to switch btw trying to get a few homies to convert 

Discovered LTT on youtube a couple months back after switching my major to IT. That is how my PC journey began. 

1 minute ago, SNerd7 said:

Indeed. Sucked to see him lose his dad but I think he will still get it done vs. Gaethje. 

I'd give gaethje a chance but dont see khabib losing. 

Discovered LTT on youtube a couple months back after switching my major to IT. That is how my PC journey began. 

That's wassup

3 minutes ago, SNerd7 said:

True but in my opinion it's worth it. My point though was that I didn't think that level of graphical quality was possible on any platform yet.

what's your spec and display?

depending on how you answer, i can give several suggestions that may blow your mind even more

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

what's your spec and display?

depending on how you answer, i can give several suggestions that may blow your mind even more

4k 60hz TV 

I9 9900kf

2080ti 

4k 60hz TV 

I9 9900kf

2080ti 

when your adrenaline dies down from this upgrade, get a high refresh rate monitor

you'll love the lower input lag of monitor compared to TVs, and high refresh rate is a game changer

sad consoles stuck on 30hz for the most part lol

in MHW, there's a combo you can use in PC version but not console version, because they lack the FPS to do it

1 minute ago, PonyBoyZ_ said:

Ouch. If you bought the 2080 ti recently I'd return it. 3070 is coming out for half the price and it's going to be faster 

Yea.  F's in the chat for my bank. 

Judging by your build, looks like you have quite a bit of money. I'd get a nice 144Hz monitor like a LG27GL850-B next. The high refresh rate, smoothness and low input lag will blow your mind even more than a visual graphics quality upgrade. After you experienced 144Hz, you won't be able to go back.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Judging by your build, looks like you have quite a bit of money. I'd get a nice 144Hz monitor like a LG27GL850-B next. The high refresh rate, smoothness and low input lag will blow your mind even more than a visual graphics quality upgrade. After you experienced 144Hz, you won't be able to go back.

Actually no, I don't have money. I had some savings that I used in conjunction with a hefty refund check to make it possible. It will probably take me months to save up for the 3080. 

2 minutes ago, SNerd7 said:

Actually no, I don't have money. I had some savings that I used in conjunction with a hefty refund check to make it possible. It will probably take me months to save up for the 3080. 

Trust me, a upgrade to a nice monitor will be much more worth it than the upgrade from 2080Ti to 3080.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Trust me, a upgrade to a nice monitor will be much more worth it than the upgrade from 2080Ti to 3080.

I see what you are saying. I just wonder how much refresh rate really matters for a gamer like me who mainly plays single player games. I think 40-60 fps feels plenty good especially if what i am looking at is incredibly immersive. Know what I mean? 

7 minutes ago, SNerd7 said:

I see what you are saying. I just wonder how much refresh rate really matters for a gamer like me who mainly plays single player games. I think 40-60 fps feels plenty good especially if what i am looking at is incredibly immersive. Know what I mean? 

I mostly play singleplayer or slower games like RPG's and Strategy games aswell. Also i'm all out on eye candy and intend to turn on RTX whereever possible as soon as i get my 3080 aswell. But still i don't want to miss out on high refresh rate anymore. No matter what game. Imo this will give you another huge jump in immersion.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

I mostly play singleplayer or slower games like RPG's and Strategy games aswell. Also i'm all out on eye candy and intend to turn on RTX whereever possible as soon as i get my 3080 aswell. But still i don't want to miss out on high refresh rate anymore. No matter what game. Imo this will give you another huge jump in immersion.

You know what I think after I upgrade my ssd and I manage to save up for the 3080, my next goal will be a high refresh rate monitor. 

10 minutes ago, SNerd7 said:

You know what I think after I upgrade my ssd and I manage to save up for the 3080, my next goal will be a high refresh rate monitor. 

Monitors are not ridiculously expensive. For a great entry-level 144Hz monitor you can have the AOC 24G2 for ~180$. For a great high-end 1440p 144Hz monitor you can get a LG 27GN850 for ~430$. It's easier than saving up 699$ for a 3080 ;)

9 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Monitors are not ridiculously expensive. For a great entry-level 144Hz monitor you can have the AOC 24G2 for ~180$. For a great high-end 1440p 144Hz monitor you can get a LG 27GN850 for ~430$. It's easier than saving up 699$ for a 3080 ;)

Seeing as I currently game in 4k, going down to 1440p and not being able to run next gen games, is hard for me to reconcile. I will think on it and consider your suggestion. 

11 minutes ago, SNerd7 said:

Seeing as I currently game in 4k, going down to 1440p and not being able to run next gen games, is hard for me to reconcile. I will think on it and consider your suggestion. 

I do it this way:

Most strategy games and the few multiplayer games i play are played on my 1440p 144Hz monitor.

RPGs or story-based games are played on my 4K 120Hz OLED TV with HDR.

This way i get the best possible experience in any game ;)

Another side note: If looking at a monitor around 27", 4K is not noticeably sharper than 1440p. Plus you can have much higher fps at 1440p.

13 minutes ago, SNerd7 said:

and not being able to run next gen games

As you already have a 2080Ti i don't see your problem. To this date it is still the single fastest GPU. This will last another few years and will certainly run new titles.

1 hour ago, SNerd7 said:

My order would be SSD > monitor > new GPU.

Assuming you currently have only HDD. Jump by just one GPU generation won't give you that much.

And if you already have some kind of SSD, then the order would change to: monitor > GPU > SSD.

144Hz or even 240Hz (highly unlikely to buy IPS for a decent price) will surprise you with it's smoothness. This will give you a lot more compared to just few FPS ;).