Stando

I have just finished setting up a new system with the following components:

* ROG B450-I Gaming Mobo
* 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM
* Ryzen 5 3400G CPU
* WD 500GB M.2 SATA SSD (Windows Drive)
* Seasonic 550W PSU
* Windows 10 Pro

I have two mechanical hard drives within this rig, one being an 8TB Seagate drive which is detected and is usable, and another being a 14TB WD drive which is not detected in either the BIOS or Windows (in My PC or in Disk Management)

This is despite the fact the same 14TB hard drive functions perfectly normally in a separate rig.

I have ruled out the SATA connectors as a factor as the same connectors that work with the 8TB do NOT work with the 14TB.

I have also tried updating my BIOS to the latest version to no avail.

What else may be causing this issue? I am open to further suggestions.

sometimes some sata connections get turned of when specific pcie lanes are used (mostly for M.2). try a different sata port on your mobo

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

3 minutes ago, Stando said:

I have just finished setting up a new system with the following components:

* ROG B450-I Gaming Mobo
* 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM
* Ryzen 5 3400G CPU
* WD 500GB M.2 SATA SSD (Windows Drive)
* Seasonic 550W PSU
* Windows 10 Pro

I have two mechanical hard drives within this rig, one being an 8TB Seagate drive which is detected and is usable, and another being a 14TB WD drive which is not detected in either the BIOS or Windows (in My PC or in Disk Management)

This is despite the fact the same 14TB hard drive functions perfectly normally in a separate rig.

I have ruled out the SATA connectors as a factor as the same connectors that work with the 8TB do NOT work with the 14TB.

I have also tried updating my BIOS to the latest version to no avail.

What else may be causing this issue? I am open to further suggestions.

If you plug the 14 TB into the 8 TB's SATA connection, does it show up in BIOS?
I'm not sure about ASUS, but in my MSI board I can see what drives are plugged into individual SATA ports. (Not boot options)

Another question (Though it really shouldn't matter): Is Windows installed as Legacy BIOS or UEFI?

Have you installed the B450 Chipset drivers for Windows 10?

Is the chipset configured for RAID? And if so, does it work normally under AHCI?

Which ports are you using on the motherboard?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64