Do modern blower gpus have 0 rpm mode?

AshesAndWool

I really need a blower style gpu that has 0 rpm when not gaming for a build. I have noticed that all the open air gpus like the MSI gaming x trio and Asus strix advertise a 0 rpm 0 db mode, but I can't find such a feature mentioned on the manufacturer website for the blower style variants of the cards.

Does anyone own or know if graphics cards like these:

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2080-AERO-8G
https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1660-SUPER-AERO-ITX
https://www.asus.com/no/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-RTX2080-8G/

have a 0 rpm mode up to say 50/60 degrees celsius?
(And if not, does anyone know if it is possible / easy / legal to change the bios of the cards to one that supports 0 rpm?)

You can change the BIOS, but no one can guarantee if it still works then and you won't be able to RMA it when it goes wrong. Normally you don't buy a blower card if you care about noise. Afaik no blower card has a 0 dB mode.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Why get a blower card when you want silence? They aren't made for that. Also why are you putting a 1660 vs a 2080? That 1660 is not a blower style card. The reason they do not have a 0 rpm mode is because their coolers do not have any natural convection of air. Unlike open cards where air can freely rise up blowers are closed off cards so they can focus all their airflow through 1 tunnel.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why get a blower card when you want silence? They aren't made for that. Also why are you putting a 1660 vs a 2080? That 1660 is not a blower style card. The reason they do not have a 0 rpm mode is because their coolers do not have any natural convection of air. Unlike open cards where air can freely rise up blowers are closed off cards so they can focus all their airflow through 1 tunnel.

The reason is that I am theorycrafting a pc that has 0 case fans using the upcoming 2021 Noctua 120w passive cooler, Seasonics' new 700w fanless psu and a solid motherboard with vrm's that run cool and well. The only fan in the system would be the gpu, that only turns on when gaming and not when doing music production which is going to be the pc's main use case. That is why I want a blower style card, I'm afraid an open air card would spit out the heat onto the rest of the components and reuse its own warm air without case cooling. I know its far from practical, but I'm just trying to make it work because I think it would be cool.

12 minutes ago, AshesAndWool said:

The reason is that I am theorycrafting a pc that has 0 case fans using the upcoming 2021 Noctua 120w passive cooler, Seasonics' new 700w fanless psu and a solid motherboard with vrm's that run cool and well. The only fan in the system would be the gpu, that only turns on when gaming and not when doing music production which is going to be the pc's main use case. That is why I want a blower style card, I'm afraid an open air card would spit out the heat onto the rest of the components and reuse its own warm air without case cooling. I know its far from practical, but I'm just trying to make it work because I think it would be cool.

What you want to do then is get an open bench case and then you have nothing to worry about anymore. Then use an open air card. Blower cards for this usecase are just about the worst thing you could pick. You would also want to install at least 1 fan pointing at the motherboard/cpu heatsink that only turns on at very high temps just in case. You could also put the pc in another room and run cables.

29 minutes ago, AshesAndWool said:

You could do all that while still having "some" case fans that only turn on when the system is under load - because I kinda doubt those passive cooling solutions will be able to cope with the heat while under heavy load - you can still try it out of course, just saying just like GPU fans, case fans don't have to run all the time... 2 of my case fans are completely off while idling for example and my PC stays cool - and relatively quiet. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity