Recording using obs send help

jhinfex
Go to solution Solved by jhinfex,
14 minutes ago, minibois said:

It's not possible to simply/easily/perfectly cut out the YouTube audio from the gameplay audio.

The only ways to do something with the video you made are:

- Don't use the audio at all (perhaps use some other audio under the video)

- Just use the audio and say "whatever"

- Try certain filters (which I don't have experience with), which may filter out some of that YouTube audio.

In the future, consider setting up a Virtual Audio Cable, so you can route the game audio and all the other audio through different virtual cables , so you can tell OBS to only pick up the game virtual cable.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/

'Simply' put, you route the game audio through a different virtual cable, tell OBS to only record that cable (so not anything else on your machine in terms of audio) and then 'listen' to this device, so you can hear the game through your normal output too.

Works fine in my experience, just have to check the settings before every recording.

So it's working like having a virtual goxlr yes?

Does it cut off my game sound or discord when i use VirtualCable? I tried something like this, it's worked but i can't hear anything when i use it.(it means the software that i tried) 

Edit: NVM you answer my question at the bottom LOL, thanks so much.

Hello mina-san, I was tried to record gameplays and watching youtube at the same time, as a result, my footage is full of youtube audio, I don't know how to separated them, I tried a bunch of thing on youtube and it's just won't work.

Can anyone here is a pro that can help me with my problem?

Thanks ahead.<3

The only thing I can think of is to download the youtube clips you watched, extract the sound track and then use that as a sort of "background noise" profile for some noise removal filter. 

Not sure how well it would work. 

You'd have to sync the youtube clip audio to your audio and then use it with some filters to remove the youtube sound from your clip. 

you can separate audio sources by application/grouped applications with a windows setting

I saw it before, but never configured it myself

let me search for it

edit: oh if you want to separate out existing audio, filtering is your only option

though the result wont be good.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, mariushm said:

The only thing I can think of is to download the youtube clips you watched, extract the sound track and then use that as a sort of "background noise" profile for some noise removal filter. 

Not sure how well it would work. 

You'd have to sync the youtube clip audio to your audio and then use it with some filters to remove the youtube sound from your clip. 

Oh, wow, that's a insane complicated, do you have a way to separated the audio track in obs? or in 3rd party software, i dont want to deal with sync audio.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you can separate audio sources by application/grouped applications with a windows setting

I saw it before, but never configured it myself

let me search for it

Oh thank you, I just want a simple solution

All I want is have a video, a separated audio track of that video(obs just put out everything that came out of my headphone including youtube discord etc)

1 minute ago, jhinfex said:

All I want is have a video, a separated audio track of that video(obs just put out everything that came out of my headphone including youtube discord etc)

yea i misunderstood the post.

i edited my post but

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

edit: oh if you want to separate out existing audio, filtering is your only option

though the result wont be good.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

20 minutes ago, jhinfex said:

Hello mina-san, I was tried to record gameplays and watching youtube at the same time, as a result, my footage is full of youtube audio, I don't know how to separated them, I tried a bunch of thing on youtube and it's just won't work.

Can anyone here is a pro that can help me with my problem?

It's not possible to simply/easily/perfectly cut out the YouTube audio from the gameplay audio.

- Try certain filters (which I don't have experience with), which may filter out some of that YouTube audio.

In the future, consider setting up a Virtual Audio Cable, so you can route the game audio and all the other audio through different virtual cables , so you can tell OBS to only pick up the game virtual cable.

'Simply' put, you route the game audio through a different virtual cable, tell OBS to only record that cable (so not anything else on your machine in terms of audio) and then 'listen' to this device, so you can hear the game through your normal output too.

Works fine in my experience, just have to check the settings before every recording.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I don't have OBS here (I'm at work) but I think you can choose to record the individual audio sources separately, each source as an audio track, besides the final (mixed) track that would be streamed.

This would be a good "backup" / "just in case" thing ... where you would then be able to go in the editing process and cut some sections and replace those sections with segments from those separate tracks (basically mix those tracks yourself)

Now that the audio sources are all mixed together by OBS in a single stereo track, there's not much you can do besides using some filters to treat that youtube stuff as background noise of some sort. I assume the youtube clips are mixed with sound from games , maybe with your voice, so it's not easy, the audio tracks are not saved separately inside the video file.. 

14 minutes ago, minibois said:

Does it cut off my game sound or discord when i use VirtualCable? I tried something like this, it's worked but i can't hear anything when i use it.(it means the software that i tried) 

Edit: NVM you answer my question at the bottom LOL, thanks so much.

10 minutes ago, jhinfex said:

I don't know what the GoXLR does, not sure how this solution compares to it.

Your second question I don't know if I understand you completely, but if you set to "Listen to" the virtual audio cable, you can still hear the game audio during recording

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/